Ergo Baby Carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Ergo Baby Carrier

Brief description of product: A carrier in which parent can wear baby on his/her back or front with baby facing parent.

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.ergobabycarrier.com

Price: $80

How long have you used this product? Three months

Fit/Sizing: One size

Performance: It works well, depending on your body shape.

Workmomship: Made in China

Customer Service/Communication: Great!

Would you purchase this product again? No, but only because of my body shape

Additional Comments: This carrier is an awesome carrier, but I am petite and have wide hips... If you have wide hips, you will usually have to wear the carrier around your waist, this coupled with the fact that I am not very tall meant it was hard to get the carrier fitted just so. Otherwise, it is a terrific carrier. I am just better able to get a proper fit with the Kozy Carrier which ties on and doesn't have a shaped waist strap.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#2 of 13 Old 04-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Brief description of product: A carrier in which parent can wear baby on his/her back or front with baby facing parent.

Store/Site of purchase:new from ebay

Price: $75
How long have you used this product? 2 months

Performance: It works really good for me

Workmomship: seems to be great

Customer Service/Communication: Great!

Would you purchase this product again? yes its been the only way I can carry my baby comfortably for long periods of time

Additional Comments: I like the waist strap because it helps the weight of my baby to go to my hips instead of my shoulders. I like the flap that folds into the pocket for when your babe fall asleep to keep their head from falling over. It has one larger pocket on the pouch and a smaller pocket (for keys) on the waist.They claim you can nurse in it but I have yet to figure that out

#3 of 13 Old 04-11-2004, 03:34 AM

ditto to the other two posters. i want to add that i LOVE the little flip up flap for when the babe falls asleep. it's also nice for the scorching hot florida sun. i have found it more difficult to put on alone, than my kozy carrier, but i still really like it. oh, and my dh will "wear" one of our children if he gets to use the ergo :LOL, so, that's another huge plus
#4 of 13 Old 04-17-2004, 01:07 AM

Store/Site of purchase: purchased wholesale to sell in my store

Price: $NA

How long have you used this product? 3 months

Performance: it works wonderfully, and is pretty simple.

Workmomship: great

Customer Service/Communication: Great! lol

Would you purchase this product again? wont need to...i think this carrier would last thru several children if properly cared for.

Additional Comments: the only thing i dont like about these types of carriers is they are 'strappy'. this particular one has a strap that goes across the chest (or back) to hold the shoulder straps from slipping. i wear bub on my back when i use the carrier...i just dont bother fastening that strap. give me the simplicity of a pouch or ring sling anyday! lol

#5 of 13 Old 04-20-2004, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.willowbean.com

Price: $82

How long have you used this product? Three months

Performance: I love it! It's very comfortable, really distributes the weight to your hips. I hardly feel the baby in it. It's a little tricky to get on, at first. I have trouble making sure that dd is sitting in the "pouch." If she's not, then she pushes on the waist band, pushing it into my butt. But once you've learned to use it, the Ergo is very simple to put on by yourself without a couch.

Workmomship: It's very well made. I don't know that it's WAHM-made.

Customer Service/Communication: Willowbean is great!

Would you purchase this product again? Absolutely!

Additional Comments: This is a great daddy carrier! DH loves it. When we first visited willowbean's brick and mortar store (in her home), DH didn't even want to try the slings on. I'd shown him an Ergo on-line and he was unimpressed. But after he tried it on, he insisted that we buy one.

#6 of 13 Old 01-03-2005, 05:16 PM

Product name:Ergo

Brief description of product:

Store/Site of purchase: used

Price: $60ish

How long have you used this product? 4mths

Fit/Sizing: Very adjustable so fits lots of sizes but if you are over size 12-14 get waist extender for more comfortable fit

Performance: great and the color is pretty

Workmomship:

Customer Service/Communication:

Would you purchase this product again? Yes

Additional Comments: It is perfect for back carries for long periods of times and easy to learn and get on and off without any help. Love the pocket and the sleeping hood making it perfect for sleeping. This has also worked well for my 2 yo and he weighs 30lbs and great for my younger baby too. This is not the carrier to buy if you are wanting to do mainly front carry or if you you want to sit while using it. I found the wide stiff "belt" to to be uncomfortable for front carry (though for the back carry it is a great to distribute the weight). If you do a front carry you can't really sit down since of the wide stiff belt. So for back carry I give the 5 thumbs and 2 for front carry

Mama to 5 boys, 1 girl, and 2 dogs!
I'm getting sick of this world, I may need to live on a commune some where! I miss nursing!!!
#7 of 13 Old 01-19-2005, 11:29 AM

Product name:Ergo (blue color) Nice color, like a light denim

Brief description of product:front/back infant/toddler carrier w/ straps, lots of straps

Store/Site of purchase: ergo website

Price: $99 ergo +hood extender + wallet pouch

How long have you used this product? 3 months

Fit/Sizing: Fits both dh & I, however i can only leave it around the waist, my hips are larger than the widthe of the belt. I do think they have a waist extender.

Performance: Works well for front/back carry. We use it for hikes, dh has ds in the back carry. I've used it on the back carry to cook, to keep ds occupied. Allows for hands free carrying which i like. It is a bit difficult to get the child in by yourself though & the directions were confusing that came w/ it. I couldnt figure out what to do w/ one strap for about a week. I use the front carry to go for short walks outside w/ ds. He loves it, he can see me & look around. It distributes his weight very well & some of the straps are adjustable. The only thing that does get annoying is that the bottom that sits below the childs bottom is very stiff and wide & hits my legs on the front carry & bottom on the back carry while walking. Going for long walks makes this annoying as it chaffs a bit.
Workmomship:Solidly made, no problems so far. Made in China

Customer Service/Communication: Received w/in a week, from Hawaii, which is where they're located. I havent contacted them about the small problems i had (what to do w/ one strap) but think i will just to suggest better directions for future buyers.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes, overall it works well for both dh & myself & allows for hands free carrying front & back carry.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof:
I dont have any complaints just a few suggestions on the directions which i plan to contact them about.

Additional Comments: Great carrier if you liked the baby bjorn type and your child has grown out of it. This allows for hands free carrying.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 4
#8 of 13 Old 09-29-2005, 10:33 AM

Product name: ergo baby carrier (classic)

brief description: soft backpack/front carrier with adjustable straps and waist-band

site of purchase: ergobabycarrier.com

price: $90

how long used: 8 months

fit/sizing: it's one size, fits me and dh (we're tall and not skinny, but not fat either) and it also fits my friend who is about 5'3" or so, and pretty thin.

performance: great, no problems

workmomship: it's well made, but not WAHM made

customer service/communication: fine, straight-forward, I didn't approach them with any questions, though

purchase again: yes!

additional comments: This carrier changed my life :LOL . Seriously, it's great, so comfortable, really easy to put on after the first few days. Ds will fall asleep in it, it's small and doesn't take up much room. I've done so much with him in it ... gardened, shopped, hiked, danced ... I don't know what I'd do without it. We just got it when he was 10 months or so so never really used the front carry much. I do use it when it's raining and I want him to be under the umbrella. I hear the new design has a side carry, which I have done with this one, but the new one I'm sure works better. I also heard the new one has a zipper pocket, which I would love, because if I put anything in the pocket and then take ds out and let the carrier hang, the stuff falls out. All in all, a great carrier.

#9 of 13 Old 01-12-2006, 05:13 PM

Store/Site of purchase: lizscloth.com

Price: $80
How long have you used this product? 3 years

Fit/Sizing: Good. I have the ergo classic and the waist is a bit big on me. The new generation ergo adjusts smaller, wish that was around before!

Performance: Great for both babies and toddlers. Love the backpack carry, awkward in the front.

Workmomship: Great,no flaws

Customer Service/Communication: N/A

Would you purchase this product again? Yes, I have friends who one and love, it, too!

Additional Comments: Very functional but not especially pretty...kind of unattractive to be wearing around town, but fine for the trail.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5
#10 of 13 Old 08-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Brief description of product: This carrier can be worn on your back or front. Plus, it has a small storage pouch on the back to carry necessities. And it has a "head holder" if your baby falls asleep.

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.nurturedfamily.com

Price: $85

How long have you used this product? A year and 8 months

Fit/Sizing: one size, plus you can order a waist extender if you need it

Performance: It works great! It distributes the weight very well, and it is comfortable too.

Workmomship: Made in China

Customer Service/Communication: Excellent! And quick shipping!

Would you purchase this product again? Yep, I'm actually thinking of selling the older generation one and purchasing a new generation one.

Additional Comments: My 8 month old daughter would not tolerate any slings. Until we discovered the Ergo! Then she rode contently around in the carrier. It is so comfortable and once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy to get on and off.

Kinda crunchy mama to my 3 DD's (ages 7, 4, and 6 weeks)

#11 of 13 Old 10-08-2006, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Brief description of product: Back pack style baby carrier, can be used front, back, hip.

Store/Site of purchase: local store

Price: $90

How long have you used this product? 1 year

Fit/Sizing: Excellent, many places to adjust, and you can purchase a waist expander piece if you need more space around the middle

Performance: Excellent, I've been using mine for a year now and it's still like brand new

Would you purchase this product again? definately yes

Additional Comments: this is the most comfortable carrier for hiking and extended carrys. i can carry my 2 yo for hours easily and I'm not super buff or anything.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#12 of 13 Old 01-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Product name: Ergo Baby Carrier (the new generation)

Brief description of product: Front, hip and back carrier

Store/Site of purchase: can't remember

Price: $92.00 w/ free shipping

How long have you used this product? 15 months

Fit/Sizing: infinate (extender strap available if needed)

Performance: amazing! I've been using this since my dd was 3 months old and she absolutely loves it. Everyone always compliments how comfy she looks in it.

Workmomship: made in china

Customer Service/Communication: excellent

Would you purchase this product again? absolutely

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof. I complained about the snaps on the sleeping hood. At one point it was velcro and they switched it to snaps (the kind used on infant/toddler clothing) and they are absurd to use! They are very difficult to snap/stay put and as a result we never use the sleeping hood. A friend purchased one about 6+ months or so after me and hers has much nicer snaps, so apparently I wasn't the only one to complain. I'm sorry I don't have that version, but am glad they remedied the problem.

Additional Comments: I always tell people this is the one item I absolutely could not live without as a new mom. It has allowed me so much freedom (completely hands free when shopping, doing housework, yardwork etc). I refuse to put my dd in a grocery cart, so she is in this at all times at the grocery store. The color selections are nice, though I think those could improve some. This is so comfortable, I can wear dd for hours in it!

#13 of 13 Old 01-31-2007, 08:24 PM

Help me fall in love with my ERGO. I don't like it. Too many straps and buckles ... and ds can't be in it facing out. Which he LOVES.

Tags
Ergo Baby , Soft Structured Carriers , Ergo Baby Carrier Camel W Camel , Ergo Baby Carrier Cranberry W Cranberry , Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page