Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-31-2004, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch

Brief description of product: polyester fleece pouch sling, has rows of snaps to make pouch a bit snugger or a bit larger (that is the "adjustable" part, does not adjust when worn as a ring-sling does)

Store/Site of purchase: Kangaroo Korner

Price: approx. $54 solids, $56 prints

How long have you used this product? 6 months

Fit/Sizing: my medium fits beautifully, and I love that the snaps can provide me with a slightly snugger fit (when ds is on my hip) or a roomier fit (when ds was younger and nursing and his whole body was in the sling.) Because the polyester fleece has some 'stretch' to it, it is the perfect fabric for a pouch sling. The stretchy elastic binding offers a pleasant snugness to the overall fit, too.

Performance: excellent. This pouch sling is so easy to put on and plop baby in. Different baby holds can be achieved with this sling, like the cradle carry, nursing baby in the sling, the kangaroo carry (a 4 month old can sit cross-legged and face forward) as well as holding an older infant on the hip.

Because this sling is worn on one shoulder, back and shoulder fatigue can happen. If baby is held too low in this sling, it will pain the wearer's back in short order. The sling does restrict the movement of my shoulder to some degree. This has not proven to be completely annoying, but it could bother some wearers. This sling is so great for a newborn or young infant, who just wants to sleep and hang out womb-style.

The polyester fleece is warm, but not suffocatingly so. It does breathe. I like that the pouch co-ordinates with my wardrobe and is not bulky to wear or stow in a diaper bag. It is easy to wash and dry. It does pick up lint, fuzz, & hair; I get that stuff off my sling with a garmet groomer thingie before I go out on the town.

Workmomship: wonderful! Snap placements are precise, sling is beautifully stitched. There is a wide variety of fabric colors and patterns.

Customer Service/Communication: I think there is an advantege to being on this WAHM's yahoo group email list, to learn of turnaround times, new fabrics, etc. I had minimal contact with this WAHM, as my order was simple and quickly filled & shipped.

Would you purchase this product again? yes

Additional Comments: a pouch sling is a wonderful thing, though it may not be as versitle as a sling with adjustable rings, or as comfortable as a carrier that distributes weight over both shoulders when wearing a bigger baby. I love the speed and ease of use, the sleek style of a baby held close to the body without rings and extra fabric flopping around, and the stretch provided by the poly is critical to the success of this pouch sling, as the stretchy fabric keeps baby close, without feeling too tight or constricting.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5 thumbs
#2 of 7 Old 04-01-2004, 01:25 PM

Product name: Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch

Brief description of product: a tube style pouch sling made of MM fleece. The pouch comes with 2 rows of snaps, and you can add additional rows for an additional cost.

Store/Site of purchase: www.kangarookorner.com

Price: I'm not sure what they are now, but I paid $40, I think

How long have you used this product? 16 months

Fit/Sizing: Mine fits very well. I have 4 rows of snaps on mine for maximum adjustability. I was on the borderline between a small and a medium, so I ordered the medium with the extra snaps and it fits really well.

Performance: Great! This sling stays in the car so I will always have it when I am out! I particularly love it on cold days because it keeps my son warm and cozy. I don't use it in the summer however, since I find it to be too hot.

Workmomship: Great

Customer Service/Communication: Pretty good. Tanya is fairly quick to answer any questions you may have.

Would you purchase this product again? Probably, but I don't know that I would pay the new price for it. I do love it, but $40 seemed more reasonable to me.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof- Nope

Additional Comments: A great cozy sling

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#3 of 7 Old 05-19-2004, 03:50 PM

Brief description of product: a tube style pouch sling made of MM fleece. The pouch comes with 3 rows of snaps, and you can add additional rows for an additional cost.

Store/Site of purchase: www.kangarookorner.com

Price: $54 solid fabrics/$56 print fabrics

How long have you used this product? 11 months

Fit/Sizing: Fits great. The adjustability allows both my husband and I to share it. He wears it on the largest setting and I wear it on the smallest.

Performance: Super!! I've used this since she was just weeks old. It was so secure and snugly for those first few months when she needed to be snuggled close to mama all the time. When she was a little bigger I could pop her in in a more upright position so she could watch the world go by. Once she dozed off (which she always did) I could simply tuck her down into the pouch for a nap. As she's grown we've graduated to the hip carry and it's still awesome. Allows me to have my hands free and she's right where she wants to be

Workmomship: Perfect.

Customer Service/Communication: Very good. She was quick to help me out with an exchange when I needed to exchange my cotton pouch.

Would you purchase this product again? In a heartbeat. I don't know how I could have gotten along without it.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof- N/A

Additional Comments: I can't go anywhere without people asking me where I got this. If only I could sew

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): All five of them.
#4 of 7 Old 11-01-2004, 03:23 PM

Brief description of product: a tube style pouch sling made of MM fleece. The pouch comes with 4 rows of snaps

Store/Site of purchase: bought used

Price: $25

How long have you used this product? 1 month

Fit/Sizing: Fits great. The adjustability allows both my husband and I to share it. He wears it on the largest setting and I wear it on the smallest.

Performance: Wonderful! I love how fast it is to get this on and DS into it. It's also very comfy and we can go for 1-2 hour walks with no problems (DS is 3mos old). It's easy enough to use that I got my father using it. DS just loves it as well--as soon as he's put in it, he stops fussing!

Workmomship: Mine was a cosmetic 2nd, but wonderfully made otherwise.

Customer Service/Communication: Tanya is great. I've e-mailed her several times with questions and she responded immediately, even though I was upfront about me purchasing a used sling (ie. that she would not be expecting a sale from me)

Would you purchase this product again? Yes.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof- N/A

Additional Comments: Just love this!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): All five of them
#5 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 05:58 PM

Product name:
Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch
Brief description of product:
see product name
Store/Site of purchase:
www.kangarookorner.com
Price:
$56
How long have you used this product?
a few months
Fit/Sizing:
I am about 170 lbs. and 5'7" and I wear a medium on the last row of snaps. It fits perfectly
Performance:
Comfortable, especially with our cool minnesota weather :LOL I haven't had mine that long, but I have several friends who have used theirs daily for years and they look great.
Workmomship:
perfect. snaps, sewing, everything great
Customer Service/Communication:
Great.
Would you purchase this product again?
Absolutely. I get every mom I know one of these for their baby shower.
Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof
N/A
Additional Comments:
I don't use this product every day, b/c I don't have children yet. I do use it frequently when I watch my friends' children. I like the simplicity of this sling. I have given it to family members who are not AP b/c it looks really fashionable and it's so easy to use.
#6 of 7 Old 09-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Kangaroo Korner Adjustable fleece pouch

This carrier is awesome!! I used mine from birth to about 15 months with my DD, she was so warm and snugged up as an infant, and she can still get stuffed into it at 22 mo in a pinch if necessary.

Can't remember what I paid for it or where I got it, but I try to convince everyone I know to get one, especially for a fall-born baby. I could run around the cold playground after my older child while my newborn stayed toasty-warm.

I used it every day for about a year and it still looks new, if a tiny bit pilly. I am lending mine out to a friend who is having another baby soon, but I want it back just in case...

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
#7 of 7 Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 AM

Brief description of product: A fleece tube-type pouch with adjustable back-snaps

Store/Site of purchase: borrowed from a friend, so N/A

Price: again, borrowed, so N/A

How long have you used this product? 3 months thus far

Fit/Sizing: adjustable

Performance: I LOVE this pouch! A friend lent it me and it is my current favorite baby-wearer. I get compliments on this thing everywhere I go. It has such a modern, sleek look that most slings/pouches don't have ("mine" is charcoal grey). Baby is SO comfy in it that he falls asleep most of the time. He can lay down cradle-hold style or he can sit up cross-legged and look out. It is easy for running errands to pop baby in and out quickly without having to make adjustments and fumble around. I LOVE IT!

Workmomship: beautiful. A+

Customer Service/Communication: again, N/A

Would you purchase this product again? Definitely. When Bella Babe asks for hers back, I will definitely go and get myself a new one. The fleece is a bit warm. I think they have a knit option, which is what I will probably go for, as I live in the SW.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? No.
If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof

Additional Comments: If you use a wrap or other more complicated baby-wearer, this would be a great back-up. This is what I do- a wrap for long periods, and this for quick trips to the store, post office, etc... It is so EASY to use!

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page