Equanimity Baby mei Tei - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-28-2004, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Equanimity baby Mei tei

Brief description of product: Modified Asian style carrierconsisting of irregular rectangle-shaped "body" with padded straps at shoulders and waist straps. Can be worn on front or back, possibly hip. Several tying options with very long shoulder straps. Optional cel phone/money pocket that velcroes onto strap.

Store/Site of purchase: www.equanimitybaby.com

Price: Sale price of $35, normally around $45.00

How long have you used this product? About 5 months so far

Fit/Sizing: Good--as with most carriers of this type, it's one size fits all.

Performance: Great. Very comfy once I found the tying method that works best for me.

Workmomship: Very good. Beautiful fabric choices, fully reversible to solid canvas (black or natural). The canvas is stiffer than that of the Kozy (the two carriers are often compared) but softens with time. Also, they don't seem to wash well. I have not washed mine and won't after seeing one that had been. I plan on spot cleaning as much as possible.

Customer Service/Communication: good

Would you purchase this product again? yes

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof - No

Additional Comments: Many people have commented that this carrier seems like a "dressier" or more formal version of the Kozy, whereas the Kozy has been compared to a favorite pair of perfectly broken in jeans.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-19-2004, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Equanimity Baby Mei Tai

Brief description of product: Modified Asian style carrierconsisting of irregular rectangle-shaped "body" with padded straps at shoulders and waist straps. Can be worn on front or back, possibly hip. Several tying options with very long shoulder straps. Optional cel phone/money pocket that velcroes onto strap.

Store/Site of purchase:www.equanimitybaby.com

Price: $45 plus shipping (ordered March 04, prices have increased)

How long have you used this product? About 2 1/2 wks

Fit/Sizing: One size fits all - works great for me, I'm 5'4 and slim, baby is 8 months

Performance: Excellent, easy easy to use, family members new to babywearing also used without difficulty and found it quite comfortable

Workmomship: Beautiful work. The fabric is rather stiff though and isn't as cozy as I think other types of ABC are

Customer Service/Communication: TERRIBLE. It took me 3 months to receive this item and I sent several emails and made several phone calls, badgering them to send it. I only got a reply once and was told my order had shipped. When I hadn't received it a month later, I finally got through to them and one was made and shipped immediately. I am under the impression that there were some medical issues with the owner but was quite disappointed that I was never told the wait would be longer or that nobody ever responded to my correspondance with an explanation, especially since my payment went through immediately. At one point, I even asked for a refund and was told this was not possible until I received the carrier and sent it back!

Would you purchase this product again? No. The product is beautiful and works great but I was so disappointed with the customer service, I would rather support other WAHMs who are known for their great customer service.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof . I only made complaints about the service, not about the product.

Additional Comments: My thumb ratings are low because I based on my overall experience in purchasing the item, not on the actual item.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page