Moby Wrap - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-07-2004, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Product name: moby wrap baby carrier

Brief description of product: wrap & tie sling made of stretchy, soft cotton knit

Store/Site of purchase: peppermint.com

Price: $30

How long have you used this product? 2 weeks

Fit/Sizing: one size fits all

Performance: Amazingly comfortable & easy to use. The stretchy fabric combined with the wrap design is truly hands-free and one wrap holds baby in several positions. I was able to take long walks with my 14-lb baby on my front, and also reach up into high cupboards or to hang laundry on the line, things I was never able to comfortably do with a ring sling. I even tried on jeans at the mall wearing my baby! However, that same fabric makes the Moby very, very warm -- I actually gave my poor baby heatstroke in April! Already in May (Pacific Northwest), my Moby is way too warm for me to use at all, which makes its comfort, well, useless. The Moby would probably be wonderful for someone in a mostly/constantly cool climate.

Workmomship: good -- simple, sturdy design

Customer Service/Communication: The sling arrived in good time, however, Peppermint's policy (like that of many other companies) is not to accept a sling for return if it's either dirty or washed, which means that since my baby spat up on the wrap the first time we used it, I cannot return it even though it's useless to me now.

Would you purchase this product again? No, unless I moved to a very chilly place.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: no complaint

Additional Comments:

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#2 of 13 Old 05-14-2004, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i agree with everything girlndocs wrote. i'm in pennsylvania right outside of philadelphia where humidy is unbearable. and, i'm a super sweaty mama .
honestly, i get sweaty while wearing her no matter which carrier i'm using.

what i like about the moby is how simple it is to get on (took me all of 5 minutes to get it down pat - and i'm notorious for having a hard time figuring out slings), how inexpensive it is compared to other similar wraps, and how much my 7 month old daughter enjoys being in it. she coos the whole time! and while i like the ease of carrying her on my hip with my kkacp or ring sling, the moby puts way less pressure on my shoulder and back. it's better for even weight distribution.

all in all i'd give it
#3 of 13 Old 05-28-2004, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaz
i agree with everything girlndocs wrote. i'm in pennsylvania right outside of philadelphia where humidy is unbearable. and, i'm a super sweaty mama .
honestly, i get sweaty while wearing her no matter which carrier i'm using.

what i like about the moby is how simple it is to get on (took me all of 5 minutes to get it down pat - and i'm notorious for having a hard time figuring out slings), how inexpensive it is compared to other similar wraps, and how much my 7 month old daughter enjoys being in it. she coos the whole time! and while i like the ease of carrying her on my hip with my kkacp or ring sling, the moby puts way less pressure on my shoulder and back. it's better for even weight distribution.

all in all i'd give it

agreed.

and although i live in houston which is notorious for it's heat and humidity, i am actually not out in the heat all that much. the mobywrap is great for errand running or lunches with friends. its so easy to pop him in and out and he adores the wrap. a couple of times he has cried when ive taken him out to hold him. he wanted to be back in the snuggly wrap!

the weight distribution is a lifesaver. i am a large woman and am very well endowed and my back gives me trouble, but i havebeen able to walk around, do light chores, and run errands with the mobywrap. i'm eternally greatful that i took a chance on this wrap. it gave me the ability to be a slinging momma.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#4 of 13 Old 06-07-2004, 01:20 AM

Store/Site of purchase: Cotton Cradles

Price: $35 Free Shipping

How long have you used this product? 1 week

Performance: I ADORE this sling! I received it and put it right on and within 5 minutes had Bella in it and she was sooooo happy. She falls asleep instantly in the tummy to tummy hold. I agree with the previous reviewers in that it is pretty toasty. It's June now and I've just been wearing a tank top with it...I'm not outside all that much, I'm mostly inside doing errands or in the house with A/C. It's just so comfortable. My main sling so far (DD is 8 wks) has been my KKAFP. However, because Bella is 14.5 lbs now, it was killing my shoulder to wear it for very long. The Moby is so evenly distributed...it's great. Oh, and the "coolness factor" is pretty high with a wrap I think hee hee! I get lots of stares...but it's just so fun to wear out and about.

Workmomship: Great. High quality fabric.

Customer Service/Communication: Lisa is AWESOME to work with. She answered questions I had very quickly and was so helpful.

Would you purchase this product again? YES!! I'm actually considering getting the lavender one as soon as it's in stock at Cotton Cradles again.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: N/A

Additional Comments: Favorite carrier so far! So versatile...

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#5 of 13 Old 01-28-2005, 07:00 PM

Store/Site of purchase: www.mobywrap.com

Price: $35

How long have you used this product? 2 months

Performance: I was a little intimidated at first. the instructions were GREAT but I was still a little nervous about how to get her in it. after a few tries though we were off and running! she loves the moby. we face out for shopping and in for sleeping

Workmomship: excellent

Customer Service/Communication: I ordered off the website, so none really.

Would you purchase this product again? absolutely.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: N/A

Additional Comments: I get lots of comments about my cool baby carrier

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 13 Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 PM

Brief description of product: wrap & tie sling made of stretchy, soft cotton knit

Store/Site of purchase: second hand from a friend

Price: $20

How long have you used this product? 3 months

Performance: It is what it is. It was great in the early weeks when my daughter insisted on being upright as opposed to nestled in a pouch or ring sling. I didn't like nursing in it and found it too bulky and combersome when I was out of the house so I only used it at home.

Customer Service/Communication:

Would you purchase this product again? Sure. If I had another baby with similar needs.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: no complaint

Additional Comments:

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 3
#7 of 13 Old 02-25-2006, 02:16 AM

Product name: Moby Wrap

Brief description of product: It's a long piece of stretchy cotton that you wrap around your body and put baby in it. It can be used as a front carrier, back carrier, or pouch.

Store/Site of purchase: www.mobywrap.com

Price: $34.95

How long have you used this product? For 3 months

Fit/Sizing: Will fit anyone. Finally! A carrier my husband and I can share!

Performance: Excellent. My daughter spends 60% of her day in this carrier. She can nurse while I am walking around and it's comfy for me too!

Workmomship: Great. It's been washed several times and looks brand new. In fact, I bought an extra moby wrap so that I could still wear Isa while one is being washed!

Customer Service/Communication: I have corresponded with two different people at moby wrap. Both were knowledgable, quick to respond and super friendly.

Would you purchase this product again? Um. Yes. I did already actually.

Additional Comments:
I was able to nurse Isa in this wrap while walking down the middle of a crowded mall during Christmas season. I wear it for several hours a day while at home. It's versatile, comfortable, and of course, draws compliments like honey draws flies! I love my moby wrap(S). I recommend every mom have one.

#8 of 13 Old 04-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Store/Site of purchase: The Stork Wearhouse

Price: $35 Free Shipping

How long have you used this product? 2 months

Performance: DH and I love this wrap! It took a bit of getting used to when putting it on, but it's a breeze now. Our fussy four month old loves to ride in it, especially with daddy. I like the versatility with positioning. I've even made up a few of my own carries! The moby has yet to stretch out, even though it is a knit fabric. I recommend this wrap to everyone I know!

Workmomship: Very good, soft fabric. The sage color is more sea foam though.

Customer Service/Communication: It got shipped very very quickly from The Stork Wearhouse. The website leaves much to be desired, but the book you get with it explains everything in pictures!

Would you purchase this product again? Yup. It got my DH babywearing, and that says it all!

Additional Comments: This is a great wrap from newborn to toddler, including back carries, hip carries, front carries, and cradle carries! Baby can nurse, sleep and play in it!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): and a half thumb. For the color being more seafoam than sage.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#9 of 13 Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 AM

Product name: Moby Wrap

Brief description of product: Wrap style sling

Store/Site of purchase: From myself/ Natural Family Boutique

Price: $30

Fit/Sizing: Excellent, you can get it to fit any shape body

Performance: good so far, its my back up sling so it doesn't get too much use

Workmomship: good simple design, soft fabric

Customer Service/Communication:excellent

Would you purchase this product again? yes

Additional Comments have only used this on my 27lb. in the back carry position, which worked well. However i love how nice and cuddly little babys look in this carrier. I can't wait to use it for a newborn.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#10 of 13 Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Bought at http://www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/?FrederickMama
$37
slightly more expensive than elsewhere, but I really liked knowing I was helping out another mom.

I love it! I've been using this for about 3 months now and I still wear it most of the day. For going out and about I still wear it, I just wear while driving.
I have slings I used before but they just don't compare to this.
I love the red color too.
I admit wraps looked scary the first time I saw someone put one on but it really was easy after the first try I got it!
I take NFB books in my diaper bag since so many people ask about the wrap I distribute the books so they know where to find them.
I can't imagine life without this wrap since my toddler is in love with Princess Pie. She's just so much safer being worn.
#11 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Why I love the Moby Wrap:

It has lots of carries, with only one "wrap". I can put it on and take my DD out, put her in another way, etc.

It spreads the weight of my DD out very well.

It holds DD up high and close, which makes doing chores pretty easy.

My DH is currently wearing DD in it. We use it regularly. DD loves the facing out carry - she can talk to everyone and kick her legs, what more could a girl want?

What I don't like about the Moby:

It takes time to put on and is not really do-able with babe in arms (unlike my sling).

I find it hard to nurse in (it's hard to lift my shirt so DD can get to the boob with all of the fabric wrapped around me), it's hard to get her in a secure position at the right level.

It is so much fabric - it gets hot, it's too big to just have in the diaper bag, my shirts bunch funny when I'm wearing it.

DD gradually slips down, so I tighten the wrap pretty frequently (every 30 minutes I would guess). She's never gotten close to falling out, just sliding down.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#12 of 13 Old 08-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Product name: Moby

Brief description of product: Stretchy wrap. Long length of stretchy cotton jersey fabric.

Store/Site of purchase: Peppermint

Price: $40

Fit/Sizing: One size fits all. It's long, but the extra length can just be wrapped around your body an extra time. I'm very small and it fits me fine.

Performance: Great for the newborn stage - very versatile and practical. It's poppable, meaning I could pop the baby in and out without removing the carrier. I could position her in a cradle or upright carry depending on her mood. Very supportive and comfortable, with the weight well distributed. Totally secure and hands-free so I could do chores.

After about 12-15 pounds, however, the stretchiness becomes a liability and the carrier is not supportive enough. I then moved on to other carriers.

Workmomship: It's nothing fancy, but it's fine.

Customer Service/Communication: great

Would you purchase this product again? yes, I think they're perfect for newborns.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof NO

Additional Comments: Totally worth having, even with their limited useful life.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 4/5
#13 of 13 Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 AM

Store/Site of purchase: http://theslingstation.com

Price: $40

How long have you used this product? I used it till baby was about 20 lbs

Performance: After a few practices in the mirror, it was pretty easy. Loved the upright front carry. Baby was so snuggly and comfortable. Material is SOFT SOFT SOFT like a t-shirt.

Customer Service/Communication: Quick shipping! Good customer Service.

Would you purchase this product again? YES! Perfect for my newborn

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: no

Additional Comments: This is my new favorite baby shower gift to give!!

Tags
Wraps , Moby Wrap , Babywearing , Ring Slings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page