Sleeping Baby ring sling pattern - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-06-2004, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I won't be using the review form for this review as most of the questions wouldn't be applicable.

I wanted to review Jan's free ring sling pattern (at www.sleepingbaby.net) to tell folks how great it is! The shoulder, using pleats instead of accordion folds (like the Maya Wrap, for example) is so comfy and much more intuitive to use, IMO. It cups over the shoulder in a stable way that doesn't slip or hinder arm movement. It's also *truly* switchable from shoulder to shoulder, with no weird adaptations or new techniques necessary.

I used Jan's pattern to adapt the shoulder of my Maya Wrap sling, which I had not been able to use for months because it hurt me so much. I now use that sling daily and wore it for over 4 hours at the fair, switching shoulders once. Fantastic!

Since this shoulder is the one Jan uses to sew the slings she sells, when people ask me about my sling I direct them to her site and tell them she can make them one if they don't sew.

I definitely rate this pattern Thanks, Jan!
#2 of 4 Old 01-06-2005, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definitely agree that Jan's pattern is awesome!!! I don't sew, but I managed to make a sling in under 2 hours. It is comfy and is the first sling I reach for!! I also bought one from her that I adore!!
#3 of 4 Old 07-30-2006, 03:53 PM

The link is a little hard to find from the site.

This one is the direct link
#4 of 4 Old 06-25-2010, 01:18 PM

Product name: Sleeping Baby sling pattern

Store/Site of purchase: www.sleepingbaby.net
Price: free

How long have you used this product? 3 weeks

Fit/Sizing: Since it is a ring sling, it is infinitely adjustable, so one size fits all.

Performance: Very comfy in the shoulder, and distributes the baby's weight very well. I needed a sling to use at the pool so that I could keep up with my older two as well as the baby, and so I used Solarweave fabric and rings from slingrings.com. The pattern is very well documented and not too difficult to follow.

Workmomship: This was me doing the sewing, so the stitching is not perfect, but that is due to my user error, not the design.

Customer Service/Communicatino: N/A

Would you purchase this product again? pattern is free, but yeah, would definitely use again if I wanted to make another sling

Additional Comments: I have used this a few times now in the pool, both in shallow and deep water, and it has worked really well! I love how lightweight the Solarweave fabric is, and it does not take forever to dry either. A bonus that has helped me is using the tail to cover so I could discreetly nurse my baby in it too. I did use only 2 yards of fabric instead of 2.5, because I wanted a shorter tail (too long and it gets in my way). I have also used this one this summer as a quick grab and stick baby into while toting older siblings to their activities a few times and it works awesome outside the water too.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

Here it is in action: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...6/P1000242.jpg

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page