MeiTaiBaby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-17-2005, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: MeiTaiBaby

Brief description of product: Mei tai baby carrier with angled top straps (padded) in a slightly stretchy black twill fabric with a custom fabric panel. Comes with a bag to carry it in.

Store/Site of purchase: www.meitaibaby.com

Price: $55

How long have you used this product? 2 months

Fit/Sizing: One size fits all

Performance: This carrier is fantastic! I can do forward facing or facing-in carries in the front, a hip carry, and a super easy back carry. It's very comfortable to wear for long periods of time, washes well, and dries well in the dryer on low even though it says it's recommended for line drying. I use this carrier every day.

I can't nurse in it, but I think you could if you didn't have really giant boobs :LOL

Workmomship: Excellent. Beautiful stitching, no loose threads, very professional. Quality fabric

Customer Service/Communication: A++!! Elisabeth is a super communicator, replies quickly to emails, super friendly.

Would you purchase this product again? Absolutely, in a heartbeat!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof N/A

Additional Comments: I haven't tried the adjustable bottom one - that is new since I have bought mine. It seems like a very handy thing to have! But if you need to save the $10 it is easy to do carries that have legs tucked in, for a smaller baby.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#2 of 5 Old 08-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Product name:Mei Tai Baby

Brief description of product: Chocolate Strapped Zippy with Lime Ricky, Burnt Orange Paisley, and Coffee Dots pannels (all match wonderfully!)

Store/Site of purchase:www.meitaibaby.com

Price: $100-ish CDN (incl postage)

How long have you used this product? Countless times in the last few days

Fit/Sizing: One size- VERY comfy though- prefectly sized body (love the slightly narrower 15" width)I'm a size 14-16 and could use maybe an extra inch on either shoulder strap, but I can make it work, it just needs to be nice and tight.

Performance: Superb!! So comfy- my husband put the carrier on and exclaimed that our 8 mo old felt like he weighed 2 lbs! I love the lightly padded straps, and the weight of them- they have enough substance to them that they hang and thus stay straight for the cross- really ups the comfy factor!

Workmomship: AMAZING- stitches are bang-on, verry well constructed with high-quality and gorgeous fabrics!!

Customer Service/Communication: Amazing- I admit I was a little high-needs and changed my order multiple times : great service and commuication!

Would you purchase this product again? In a heart beat- although the zippy feature makes it like having all the carriers you could possibly want in one! I would definitely recomend it to others!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: heck no, it's perfect!

Additional Comments:

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#3 of 5 Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM

Product name: meitaibaby

Brief description of product: zippy adjustable on black straps

Store/Site of purchase: meitaibaby.com

Price: $101 including shipping

How long have you used this product?: every day since we got it two weeks ago

Fit/Sizing: one size fits all

Performance: Works very nicely. DS is at the point where he likes to have his little feet out, but he's still too small to do so in a regular mt. The adjustable feature works well for his size. Straps are very soft and comfortably padded.

Workmomship: Very well crafted and soooo~ super soft right off the bat.

Customer Service/Communication: I found it much easier to communicate with her via pm's at thebabywearer.com. Elisabeth fielded all of my questions and was very helpful. At the last minute, I changed my mind on one of the panels and she whipped up a different panel in no time. Very sweet mama.

Would you purchase this product again? I might (for the sake of different color straps), but the zippy option makes it so that I don't really need to. I can easily change the look of my mt by switching panels.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: N/A

Additional Comments: Just a consideration for anybody thinking of getting black straps - because the material is brushed twill (and not canvas), the black straps pick up fuzz off of everything!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 4 1/2 because I still wish it had a head rest.
#4 of 5 Old 12-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Product name:Mei Tai Baby

Brief description of product: Zippy adjustable with black straps and headrest.

Store/Site of purchase:www.meitaibaby.com

Price: $130, incl. postage

How long have you used this product? Several times in the last few days (not for longer than an hour yet).

Fit/Sizing: One size - I find the shoulder straps are VERY long for me, but I'm smaller on top and realize I may use the extra length when DD isn't so tiny (she's 11 lbs).

Performance: VERY comfy- I am so happy I bought this carrier! I love that it adjusts to fit DD's tiny size; the snap at the bottom allows her little legs to fit comfortably. She seems much more comfortable in this than the other carriers I have (Ergo, Mamma's Milk pouch, Moby wrap) and it's easier to get on and off than the Moby wrap. The straps have exactly the right amount of padding and it's comfortable on my waist. She isn't big enough to need the headrest yet.

Workmomship: Good - the body of the carrier seems extremely well made, but the zippy patches are not perfectly square.

Customer Service/Communication: Very good - shipped right on time (or a little early). I didn't have any interaction with Elisabeth because I knew what I wanted by the time I ordered!

Would you purchase this product again? Yes and would recommend it! I love the zippy option since there are so many pretty fabrics!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: No.

Additional Comments: This is the ONLY carrier I found that had every feature I was looking for (adjustable bottom and headrest - and I like that the headrest is removable).

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 4! (took one off for the crooked zippy swatches)
#5 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 02:40 AM

Product name: Mei Tai Baby

Brief description of product: classic Mei Tai with a snap for adjusting the width of the carrier bottom.

Store/Site of purchase: attachedtobaby.com

Price: $80

How long have you used this product? 1 week

Fit/Sizing: very adjustable Mei Tai with 72 inch long straps and an adjustment for the carrier width. Has a headrest that can be purchased separately.

Performance: Excellent - I have used it on multiple occasions and love the ease and versatility (tried front carry, outward facing, hip carry) It is very comfortable and DS loves chewing on the straps.

Quality: wonderful - solidly constructed, beautiful, made of quality fabric. Feels like it will last a long time.

Customer Service/Communication:

Would you purchase this product again? in a heartbeat

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM or company about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof.

Additional Comments: I am really pleased with a Mei Tai Baby after deciding on it - it felt better for my small DS than a Babyhawk.

I give it (How many up out of five?):

sleepytime.gif

Tags
Babyhawk Mei Tai Baby Carrier , Babywearing , Soft Structured Carriers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page