Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name:
KangaKid Pack by Deuter

Brief description of product:

This multi-functional pack quickly transforms into a child carrier when your young explorer gets too tired to walk on! It is super compact, so it's ideal when space is tight. You can carry all of your daily "stuff" as a normal backpack even when your child is not in the pack.
NOT FOR YOUNG BABIES.

Store/Site of purchase:
http://www.childcarriers.com/deuter-kangaroo.shtml

Price: $129 (includes shipping)

How long have you used this product? 2 months

Fit/Sizing: Very comfortable and lots of adjustment points for both the parent and the babe to acoomodate for growth or different sized people wearing the pack.

Performance: Extremely sturdy! The babe is held in with shoulder straps that close around the chest and back. A wiggly toddler can lean and look and stay safely inside the pack.

Workmomship: Not a WAHM product. Made by a gear company in Germany http://www.deuterusa.com/kangakid.html

Customer Service/Communication:
No problems, fast free shipping.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof.
n/a

Additional Comments: This pack is NOT for babies. But it is a DREAM as a toddler carrier (I would say about 10 months onward). We got ours when our babe was 12 months. It's great to carry ONE bag with diapers and "stuff" and then be able to pop your child in that same bag. I even put my Ergo or sling in this pack so we have lots of options when out and about.

If your babe is not yet standing unassisted, it will be more difficult to get him/her in and out with one adult. If he/she can stand, then you'll be good to go.

Dads LOVE this pack! There is a small internal frame for support, but you don't have to deal with the bulk of the external frame that many trekking backpack carriers have.

Holds up to 35pounds total (gear and babe). This might not be the pack for a quick trip to the store, but great for outings and walks and anything long haul.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!

Tags
Deuter , Babywearing , Soft Structured Carriers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page