Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name:Sleeping Baby Productions Silk Dupioni Sling

Brief description of product:A ring sling made from one layer of silk

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.sleepingbaby.net

Price: $40 on sale

How long have you used this product? 2 weeks

Fit/Sizing: perfect! The tail goes from my shoulder to just below my hip. I don't like a VERY long tail so this was great.

Performance: It's VERY easy to adjust and the fabric does NOT slip back through the rings at all (even with a 30lb toddler in there). It's very comfortable for me. I thought the shoulder style might be very wide, but it's PERFECT. I wanted to try a bazillion other slings but I'm so happy with this one that I don't want to mess with a good thing. The shoulder requires no adjusting for me. Once I put it on, it's the perfect width and spreads evenly across my back without fussing with it at all.

Workmomship: Every stitch is perfect. The edges are all double-fold hemmed (which takes a LOT more time than serging like you see on a lot of the more expensive slings) which I really love because it makes it look very finished. Edges that are simply serged look very unfinished to me as a seamstress myself unless it's a decorative serging. I much prefer the edges of the SBP. Very clean and classy looking.

Customer Service/Communication: Fast, friendly and did I mention fast?

Would you purchase this product again? absolutly 100%

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof

Additional Comments: These are the least expensive silk slings on the market yet probably one of the nicest. I thought perhaps silk would be too fancy for every-day wear, but after receiving the sling, I want more silk! I have a cinnamon brown color that has So much depth of color to it. With jeans and a t-shirt, it's not too fancy at all. It looks like a nice hand-bag or pretty pair of earings would with your "dress-downs". It's not too flashy at all. But if I dressed up in a little black dress and heels, this sling would look SO classy and dressed-up for the occation. Mine doesn't have any accent and I think this helps it work for both every-day clothing and dress-up clothing.
I know some people worry about the tail being a big plume of fabric on a sling. I did. But with this silk sling, it's not thin and "hanging" and it's not big and bushy/flashy. It's just a cascade of fabric that looks like it belongs there. I really really cannot rave about this sling enough. I'm pretty hard to impress. Usually get my hands on something and I automatically thing of ways I could improve upon the design, fabric.. whatever and I'm not happy until i've made my own version (and don't get me started on making sure stitches are nice and even etc.. ). But in this case, I absolutly cannot improve upon it. It's exactly what I wanted when I didn't even know myself what I wanted.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 PM

Product name: Sleeping Baby Productions wrap to sling re-do

Brief description of product: I own three wrap to slings by SBP, two are Ellaroo wraps and one a BB-Slen.

Store/Site of purchase: www.sleepingbaby.net

Price: $16 This is for the sewing only, the wraps I purchased separately. An excellent price, when you consider that most wraps are long enough to be split with another mama and made into two ring slings.

How long have you used this product? 9 months

Fit/Sizing: Perfect! I am 5'3" and the small sling hangs down to mid thigh, which is just right for me. Plenty of length for adjusting, but not too long of a tail.

Performance: I find wrap slings the perfect carrier. You get the supportive fabric of a good quality wrap combined with the ease of a ring sling. The slings adjust easily and Jan's unique shoulder style is the most comfortable I've found. I can wear my baby (currently 20 lbs) in a SBP sling for several hours and not feel any strain on my shoulders.

Workmomship: Top notch! Jan is an excellent seamstress. Her slings are made with expert attention to detail and are sewn beautifully, down to the decorative stitching along the shoulder.

Customer Service/Communication: Again, top notch.

Would you purchase this product again? Absolutely!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof. No complaints!

Additional Comments: Jan is awesome, I can't recommend her slings highly enough.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#3 of 3 Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Oooooops--double post.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page