BabyHawk is awesome - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a GORGEOUS Mai Tai From Baby Hawk.
The work is beautiful, Robyn is just wonderful and sweet, She shipped really fast and I am ery satisfied. I just could not be happier.

I highly recommend doing busienss with her.

www.babyhawk.com

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#2 of 16 Old 08-29-2005, 04:01 PM

I'll second that! I just received my Mei Tai from her today. It came early so it was a suprise! I put Neveah in it right away and she loves it too! Very well made. The fabric is beautiful and nice and soft. She answered my email promptly, was very nice.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#3 of 16 Old 09-07-2005, 01:57 PM

Yes, Babyhawk is so awesome! Everyone should have one.
#4 of 16 Old 10-19-2005, 12:54 AM

i'm with you! i love my baby hawk mei tai! and, yes, robyn is so sweet. i emailed her a question which she promptly replied to and then she checked up on me a day or so later. i'm happy to have supported her.

after a couple days, it was pretty easy to get my little in and out easily. it's now my favorite carrier/sling.
#5 of 16 Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 AM

Product name: BabyHawk Custom Double Pattern Mei Tai (XT with XL straps)

Brief description of product: Mei Tai (Asian-style baby carrier), reversible with different patterns

Store/Site of purchase: www.babyhawk.com

Price: $75

How long have you used this product? About 24 hours, LOL!

Fit/Sizing: I like the XT because we can fold down the body if DD wants her arms out, or not if she wants to snuggle/sleep. I LOVE the XL straps (I'm 6' tall) so I can tie in front or in back. Padded straps are perfect! Haven't had a chance to try out the padded head support, as DD was having too much fun playing with my hair.

Performance: So comfortable! I am six months pg and carried 22-pound DD on my back like she wasn't there! Can't testify to the longevity, but it seems very well made.

Workmomship: Ha ha, answered that already. Lots of reinforced stitching, several rows of stitching through the padding so it doesn't slip, one-piece waist strap for more strength. Great!

Customer Service/Communication: Fabulous! I ordered the custom MT on December 23rd and received it on December 31st!! Over Christmas!!! All my e-mails were answered within hours, and Robyn was very helpful and explained everything.

Would you purchase this product again? ABSOLUTELY

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: No

Additional Comments: I can't say enough! Fabulous product, fabulous design, fabulous color choices, fabulous customer service... A+

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):
#6 of 16 Old 02-05-2006, 06:33 PM

Product name: BabyHawk Mei Tai (regular)

Brief description of product: Mei Tai (Asian-style baby carrier), reversible with different patterns

Store/Site of purchase: Direct, I'm a distributor

Price: $70-80

How long have you used this product?
3 weeks

Fit/Sizing: I use a regular with my 11 month old daughter and she just loves it! She can sit with her arms out and really look around and see everything that is going on. She's never liked to be confined and this was a *perfect* solution for her. It's also incredibly comfortable for me with just the right amount of padding without being bulky.

Performance: So comfortable! And her quality of work is just fabulous!

Workmomship:
Lots of reinforced stitching, several rows of stitching through the padding so it doesn't slip, one-piece waist strap for more strength. Great! <--------- Same as mentioned above!! Couldn't ask for better quality!

Customer Service/Communication: Robyn is super nice to work with and shipping was fast considering mine was a wholesale order.

Would you purchase this product again? ABSOLUTELY!!

Additional Comments:Well, the main reason I wanted one so bad was because of the variety of prints available. I have to say, I am not the least bit disappointed!!

Tamara , WAHM to Rayne (03/05) and Aurora (05/08).
#7 of 16 Old 02-08-2006, 12:51 AM

Product name: BabyHawk Mei Tai

Brief description of product: Mei Tai with black straps, floral dragon print panel, minkee lining

Store/Site of purchase: www.thebabywearer.com FSOT forum

Price: $50

How long have you used this product? One month

Fit/Sizing: It fits a large range due to the long straps, so I always get a perfect fit

Performance: It's very comfortable because there is light padding in the straps and upper part of the body. The fabric is very soft and doesn't slip at all.

Workmomship: Flawless!

Customer Service/Communication: I purchased it gently used.

Would you purchase this product again? Definitely!

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: No

Additional Comments: This is a fantastic mei tai and I plan to buy another very soon!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5
#8 of 16 Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 PM

Brief description of product: Mei Tai

Store/Site of purchase: Babyhawk.com

Price: $80

How long have you used this product? 1 month

Fit/Sizing: Both Dh and I can always get a "just right" fit b/c of the adjustable tie straps.

Performance: Very comfortable!

Workmomship: Flawless!!

Customer Service/Communication: I should start by saying that I had no interaction with Robin, the founder, but a customer service rep. I had some trouble getting this carrier in the amount of time that was stated on the website. I had ordered it for a specific occasion and when it was clear that I would not have it by the time needed, I emailed them to see what my options were. It was offered to me that I could pay extra for overnight shipping, which was not satisfactory to me. It took some persuasion but I eventually got the carrier shipped to me at no cost to myself. In retrospect, I probably should have emailed them to see if the carrier would be in my posession by the date that I needed it. I also feel that they should have emailed me to let me know that the carrier was going to take longer to make/ship than they had stated (by several days). I did get the carrier in time, at no additional cost, but the email communication left me feeling like I was "bothering" them. I approached them with a friendly attitude, but I didn't feel like I was treated with a friendly attitude in return.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes!

Additional Comments: Huge selection of prints to choose from and great quality carrier, but in my opinion customer service was lacking (see additonal comments below).

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5

**** I would like to add that I was recently contacted by a different Customer Support Representative, who read this review and was genuinely concerned that I was unhappy with the customer service I had recieved. She wanted to make sure that I was happy with the carrier and offered her assistance, if I needed it in the future. This interaction has really made me feel so much better about the whole experience. So, I'd like to say that my initial encounter with customer service was unsatisfactory, but upon being contacted by another representative, I feel like there is someone at babyhawk who wanted to make sure I was happy with the carrier, and made it clear that my concerns were not "bothersome". So... for the carrier and the customer service!***
#9 of 16 Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 PM

I am genuinely bummed and disappointed in Babyhawk at the moment; I was really excited to order a Mei Tai from them and did so a month ago after saving up my Paypal pennies, and I have not yet received it, and also not been email back about colors or fabric questions that I had. I paid with funded paypal, so they've had my money for a while, and still nothing.

I email them, again... so I'll update if and when I get it.

UPDATE: I did get the Babyhawk, and I'm very pleased with the quality and the way it fits me. It did take over a month to get to me, far longer than the 10-14 days promised, and no one ever did get back to me regarding my questions about the fabric, so I'm a little bummed about the way one of the sides came out, which could have been resolved if I was able to talk to someone...

Overall, I am happy with the product, but don't believe the website if you need it in a hurry.

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
#10 of 16 Old 10-01-2006, 12:27 PM

Product name: babyhawk mei tai

Brief description of product: mei tai

Store/Site of purchase:www.babyhawk.com

Price: $85

How long have you used this product? 3 months

Fit/Sizing: perfect

Performance: amazing!!

Workmomship:really well made. it fits well, dd is comfortable in it. plus i ordered a custom one with the minkee lining and headrest. this is my second one. i bought my first one at a local AP store and loved it so much i saved up the money to get my very own custom made mei tai! even dh loves to wear it. it's easy to learn how to put it on and it's comfy to boot. by far may favorite carrier so far.

Customer Service/Communication: great! prompt responses to emails.

Would you purchase this product again? absolutely

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof

no.

Additional Comments: this is a great product. i've tried lots of baby carriers...ergo, moby wrap, maya wrap, OTSBH, other slings...and this is still the one i reach for when i hop out of my car (yes, i have a few in my car ) to run into the market or for whatever i'm doing that day. i also have back problems (scoliosis and 5 herniated discs) and this makes it possible to carry my baby without hurting my back too much.

#11 of 16 Old 10-18-2006, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Product name: BabyHawk Custom Double Pattern Mei Tai

Price: $75

How long have you used this product? about 7 months

Fit/Sizing: It fits great. The only thing I am not a fan of is when I do the back carry and I have two big ties in the front. The ties seem a bit long to me.

Performance: Extremely comfortable! Love the padded shoulders.

Workmomship: EXCELLENT!

Customer Service/Communication: Fabulous! I ordered the custom MT and received it within a couple of days!

Would you purchase this product again? ABSOLUTELY

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof: NO

Additional Comments: Beautiful workmomship and great overall product!

Desiree

#12 of 16 Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Got a surprise BabyHawk as a gift the other day and I love it!!!

It fits great, is easy to wear and is absolutely beautiful!!!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#13 of 16 Old 03-14-2007, 11:34 PM

Babyhawk. My all time favorite carrier, out of all my wraps, mei tais, pouches, ring slings and structured. BH are hands down the greatest!
#14 of 16 Old 04-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Product name: BabyHawk

Brief description of product: Mine is a ToddlerHawk

Price: base $85+ $10 to be reversible + $10 for a pocket + shipping(forget price)

How long have you used this product? 3+ months

Fit/Sizing: basic one size, works great

Performance: outstanding!

Workmomship: outstanding!

Customer Service/Communication: very good. I had a lot of questions and they were always very prompt to reply and very helpful.

Would you purchase this product again? Yes! Although the price is a killer, it really has been worth it. I had them make it with my own custom ordered fabrics, and it's so comfy and my daughter loves it. I'm very happy with it, and although I cringe thinking about how much I spent, I don't regret it!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5!
#15 of 16 Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM

Product name: BabyHawk

Brief description of product: Mei Tai (fabric, no buckles)

Store/Site of purchase: Gift

Price:

How long have you used this product? 1.5 months

Fit/Sizing: Great

Performance: When it was still together, it worked well.

Quality: So disappointed. I used a babyhawk with my sister's kids who I spent tons and tons of time with, and LOVED it. I got one as a gift at my baby shower, and within a month it has fallen apart. I only washed it once, set it out to line dry. The straps have come un-sewn. I am so sad that the quality has deteriorated.

Customer Service/Communication: I dont' know where it was purchased, so I can't take it back, it was from a family member in another state.

Would you purchase this product again? The old BabyHawk, YES! The one I ended up with, no.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM or company about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof. I have not, perhaps I should.

Additional Comments: Gorgeous fabrics, great fit & style. Eleanor loved it, made getting things done with her so much easier. Sadly, I ended up with a lemon. On a positive note, a friend got one recently and hers is holding up great.

I give it (How many up out of five?): two
#16 of 16 Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 AM

I have a ridiculous range of carriers to choose from, but my all around favorite is my Babyhawk. Suer comfortable, beautiful and easy to get on and off. I LOVE my Babyhawk.

Tags
Babyhawk , Babyhawk Mei Tai Baby Carrier , Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page