Ellaroo Podaegi (podegi, podagi) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Ellaroo wide podaegi, narrow podagi

Brief description of product:
A soft traditional Korean carrier, made of cotton. Consists of either a 1.5 foot wide, 3 foot long piece of fabric and a long (12 feet or so) strap extending out from the top corners of the fabric (narrow podaegi), OR, a large 3 x 3 square of fabric with a strap that extends out from the top corners. The strap goes out to the sides in line with the square of fabric, NOT at a 45 degree angle like the tops straps of a mei tai. So it's shaped like a capital "T" with skinny bars at the top and a fat, or very fat, stem.

Store/Site of purchase: Peppermint.com (wide), Attached to Baby (narrow)

Price: $50 for wide, $40 for narrow.

How long have you used this product? Three weeks but on three continents, in airports, trains, cars, the subway, and walking around New York City for two weeks.

Fit/Sizing: These fit me, a 5'5", 116 lb woman, easily. The narrow and wide just fit my husband, 5'11", 220 lb man. If you are bigger than that you might want to special order longer straps for a backpack like carry.

Performance: So much easier to don than the wrap I'd been using, which is great because that was just what I was looking for. I prefer the back shoulder and front shoulder carry but the no-straps carry is also workable. It also put less pressure on my shoulders and neck than a wrap- I think because it was easier to put it on well. I have been wearing DD more with this carrier because it's so easy. Also, because it's just one long strap, it's super easy to store.

Workmomship: Beautiful. Not a stray thread.

Customer Service/Communication: I didn't have any issues that required me to contact the company but when I sent a positive review they replied right away.

Would you purchase this product again? Absolutely. In fact I'd like to get another one now.

Have you made a complaint to the WAHM about the product? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof

Additional Comments:

Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more about the podaegi. I have a wrap, a mei tai, and two podaegis and am set on the pos. :-)

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): FIVE.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page