Psling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product name: Sijira Psling (Kiwi)

Brief description of product: Its a ring sling. Default design is left shouldered, 75" long and silver rings. You can specially order them for the right shoulder, longer length and gold rings (if you'd prefer)

Store/Site of purchase: Online via the Psling New York store

Price: $198.00

How long have you used this product? 1 week

Fit/Sizing: I specially ordered my sijira to be right shouldered and 80" long as I like a swishy tail.

Pslings are actually threaded and worn a bit differently than the majority of ring slings on the market. The sling is extremely wide and the shoulder pad is shaped like a Maya Wrap LP but has 9 layers of fabric layered and sewn down which forms the shoulder making the shoulder quite comfortable.

A Psling is normally worn with the rings a wee bit lower than one would do on a Maya Wrap, additionally the fabric is left alittle bit loose. The child is still very snug and secure and incredibly enough with a Psling high and tight, while comfortable is not the ideal way of wearing it. I like to then knot the tail around the rings. Because of the extreme width of the fabric and the way the shoulder is made, it just really shines when worn that way!

Performance: Incredible, well worth the price!
Ive worn other ring slings and many of them have a bit of give or stretch, requiring frequent fiddling and re-tightening, its actually possible to wear a Psling, day after day and *not* retighten and if it needs retightened its just a very minor adjustment.
My son feels almost weightless in the Sijira, I normally can not wear ring slings for long extended wears but the Psling makes it possible, the fabric is incredibly supportive and the rings are quite small so everything stays really well, there is no stretch or give.

If you have the money and want to invest in a very high quality, beautiful, extremely comfortable and well worth it sling...definetly a Psling is worth it!

Workmanship: Well, its produced in a Japan, the Sijira fabric is normally used for summer Kimono called Yukata, thou the fabric used for the slings is quite supportive and heavier.

Customer Service/Communication: Excellent, the Psling customer service rep was extremely sweet and helpful, especially becxause I couldnt decide wether to wait the 2 weeks to get a Sijira to my specifications or just get a ready made one from their shop. The Psling came wrap up nicely w/ a cute dust sack and a variety of info pamphletes.

Would you purchase this product again? I seriously want another Sijira in another color, but it'll probably have to wait a few months as they are quite pricey. My dream is to get a Avant gradiation!

Additional Comments: Dont let the price scare you away! Ive tried other Ring slings and these are the most incredible!

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): 5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page