Int'l BF Symbol on a diaper bag/work bag/tote bag/etc.! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mods, is this OK to post here? Please move if not! I'm not advertising - I don't work for this company or anything, just think this is a cool thing for BF advocacy.

Ju-Ju-Be (www.ju-ju-be.com) diaper bags & diaper bag accessories is a fantastic company with very cute and functional products. Anyway, their bags are sold in higher-end baby boutiques and department stores and online, but they recently started a new program called "Be Unique", where you can customize their signature bags with appliques and embroidered names, etc. They maintain a message board for their fans, which originated just for discussion of and suggestions for their products, but evolved into a sort of parenting community (it's not ALL AP/breastfeeding-friendly, but I'd say the majority of the regulars there are) and so when this program recently started, I suggested that in addition to the appliques they already had (basic things like hearts and flowers) they offer some advocacy ones, like the colored ribbons, and....here is where this relates to lactivism....the International Breastfeeding Symbol!! Since it was given to the public domain and not copyrighted, they took my suggestion & decided to do it! So now you can get a cool, name-brand bag with the International Breastfeeding Symbol on it! (And it's not *only* a diaper bag - I know people who use their bags for work or to carry a laptop, etc., or school bags for the kids, whatever!) I know you can get bags with this symbol on CafePress, etc., but IME they are terrible, thin quality material, have no pockets inside or padding or zippers to keep things in, etc.

Anyway, please pass this info. around to fellow lactivists! They told me that if they don't get any orders for it, they're going to have to take it off to make room for something more popular. I just think it's so neat to have a mainstream designer offering this!

Here is the link - you need to scroll down to the bottom and click to download the "super custom order form" for more options to see the Symbol.
http://www.ju-ju-be.com/BeUnique.html

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

User Tag List