Mom asked to cover up at Chick-fil-A in Orlando - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know the group of moms who are at the nurse in today. They rock! The update is that Chick-fil-A has apologized and they will be posting a sign that indicates that breastfeeding moms are welcome there.

There has been some local news coverage about the nurse in. Here is the link to the article from the Orlando Sentinel. Many of the comments are going in a negative direction. I'm hoping that some other moms would be willing to post some positive and supportive breastfeeding comments.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...chickfila.html
#2 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Hey Im in Orlando too! Here's the Fox New coverage as well. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news..._breastfeeding

Another win for nursing moms!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#3 of 7 Old 08-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Just wanted to bump this to say that I just saw it on CNN. Go mamas!

Mama to two wonderful DDs (10/06 and 09/08) and expecting a DS 1/1/11!
#4 of 7 Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM

If only we had those laws here...
#5 of 7 Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The only refusal of service to a breastfeeding mom I've ever witnessed happened in Orlando. It was a friend, back when I was single, childless, and clueless. They asked her to leave the restaurant where we were eating and nurse in the car. It was 90 degrees out! We walked out of the place, IIRC. Don't remember what restaurant.

Doesn't surprise me it's still happening, though. Under the tourist-friendly veneer Florida is very...ah...Southern.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#6 of 7 Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM

I was so sad I missed the nurse in!!! They were even talking about it on a local racio station, targeted at a younger audience. Most of the mothers that called were pro bf! The woman's sister even called in
#7 of 7 Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Hi, posts have been removed that were discussing the other site's comments. This is in violation of our User Agreement so please do not discuss the comments further on the public boards.

Quote:
Do not negatively discuss other communities or discussions elsewhere (this includes blog comments), regardless of whether or not you link to that discussion or community. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
Please PM me with any questions, thank you

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page