mother of 5mth old asked to leave Colorado Rockies game for BFing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here is the Colorado Springs local news channel that i saw the story on!

this makes me really upset! i love going to the Rockies games and that have that happen here, so close to home!!!

i have a hard time going to the bathroom were the Rockies play, i would never! never take a baby to feed there...gross.

how shameful! i really hope they say that are sorry publicly!!!

the news said a nurse in is being planned... i hope i will be here to support the mamas!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#2 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

really not a single post?

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#3 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:09 PM

REally the perversions of it??? The perversion is anyone thinking its anything other than feeding a child. I think they owe her an apology.
#4 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Moving to Lactivism.

tinybutterfly

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#5 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
Moving to Lactivism.

tinybutterfly
THANK YOU! sorry about that.

#6 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 PM

. That's awful. I've nursed at a Rockies game before, and would have been super upset if anyone had commented negatively, much less asked me to leave.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#7 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. The law is totally on her side as well.

Colo. Rev. Stat. § 25-6-301 and § 25-6-302 (2004) recognize the benefits of breastfeeding and encourage mothers to breastfeed. The law also allows a mother to breastfeed in any place she has a right to be. (SB 88)

Colo. Rev. Stat. § 8-13.5-101 et seq. (2008) require an employer to provide reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for up to two years after the child's birth. The employer shall make reasonable efforts to provide a place, other than a toilet stall, for the employee to express breast milk in privacy. The law also requires the Department of Labor and Employment to provide, on its website, information and links to other websites where employers can access information regarding methods to accommodate nursing mothers in the workplace. (2008 Colo., Sess. Laws, Chap. 106, HB 1276)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

the news said a nurse in is being set... i am not a BFing mama, but i would love to go for support! how do i look that up?

i wrote a letter the to Rockies using this link i clicked on the "send feedback to the rockies'

#9 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM

BAH!!! Makes me want to spit! And swear!

This world is so messed up.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#10 of 15 Old 06-13-2010, 11:52 AM

Wrote to the Rockies as well. We are huge MLB fans and I have gone to and breastfeed at Coors Field myself. Apparently I just wasn't 'caught"!!
I live across the state, so I probabaly wouldn't make it for a nurse in, but I do hope there is one!
#11 of 15 Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM

As I'm in not geographical position to show up for a nurse-in (and I'd have to bring a doll!), I'm just sending .

The "perversion" of it - indeed.

Andreateapot2.GIF read.gif homebirth.jpg winner.jpg hang.gif, wife to K coolshine.gif, mother to loveeyes.gif photosmile2.gif reading.gif blahblah.gif

#12 of 15 Old 06-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Has there been any official response yet? I'm hoping this is one of those deals where the organization eats crow and admits the manager was totally talking out of his orifices.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#13 of 15 Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM

They did, they did, they did!!!!

Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies Coors Field Embraces Public Breastfeeding

Quote:
"By all means, nurse in your seat, covered, uncovered, whatever makes you happy. We stand by families at our ball park," said Steven Burke of the Colorado Rockies.

#14 of 15 Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 AM

Slowly but surely?

Andreateapot2.GIF read.gif homebirth.jpg winner.jpg hang.gif, wife to K coolshine.gif, mother to loveeyes.gif photosmile2.gif reading.gif blahblah.gif

#15 of 15 Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM

A twitter friend (who is also an influential mom blogger here in Denver) apparently just got an invitation to a nurse-in to protest this. Really? Why? What more is there?

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page