"Eats On Feets" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From Emma Kwasnica:
Quote:
Anyone interested in supporting the "Eats On Feets" GLOBAL milk sharing movement by setting up a FB page in your state/province/country, or just general support and understanding of how we are doing this, or with a willingness --even as a non-lactating woman-- to be a part of facilitating connections between women, especially if you work with pregnant and/or lactating women (so, if you are an LLL member, doula, CBE, midwife, L&D nurse, LC, OB-GYN), please join in the conversation over on the INFORMED CHOICE FB group, here (click on the link below, it will take you directly to the discussion thread that I'd like everyone to read FIRST, before starting up your own EOF page).
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...55&topic=24549

If you are NOT a member of INFORMED CHOICE, click on 'Request to join', and also consider sending me, Emma Kwasnica, a friend request, with a message stating your interest in "Eats On Feets".
#2 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 04:38 AM

I am very excited about EOF!!! Our local chapter will have officially had its first "match" tomorrow when the women have their exchange!
#3 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 AM

I think it might be helpful if you specify what you mean by "milk sharing movement". Thx.

#4 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 AM

I was wondering that as well. Also is there some problem with Milkshare.com that I hadn't heard about? And, of course, LLL Leaders couldn't be involved with either Milkshare or Eats on Feets.

J.D. and mother to three. Sustainable Mothering and check out my Writing and Speaking
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
#5 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajake View Post

I was wondering that as well. Also is there some problem with Milkshare.com that I hadn't heard about? And, of course, LLL Leaders couldn't be involved with either Milkshare or Eats on Feets.

From my vague understanding of it, I think this group is intended to also be a resource for cross-nursing, not just milk donations. But I could be wrong. It is also established with local chapters, so you can immediately go to people local to you, rather than using a single database. 

#6 of 9 Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM

(mom with broken boobs dropping by)

To those who do this, and who support EOF, thank you.

I wish these chapters had existed 7 months ago, when I was in the ICU and had to stop breastfeeding.  Keep it up.  We need you.  I'm going to need you if I ever have another baby - but then, I'll know better.

Does anyone know of a Rhode Island chapter?

#7 of 9 Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin23kate View Post

(mom with broken boobs dropping by)

To those who do this, and who support EOF, thank you.

I wish these chapters had existed 7 months ago, when I was in the ICU and had to stop breastfeeding.  Keep it up.  We need you.  I'm going to need you if I ever have another baby - but then, I'll know better.

Does anyone know of a Rhode Island chapter?

Please don't just drop by!  Stay a while, put your feet up, feel at home.  You are one of us!

#8 of 9 Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Ah, thanks @SubliminalDarkeness!

J.D. and mother to three. Sustainable Mothering and check out my Writing and Speaking
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
#9 of 9 Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM

I just wanted to update everyone that Eats on Feets Global Network has changed it's name to Human Milk for Human Babies Global network.  If you would like to find your community, have milk to donate, or need to find milk, you can go to www.hm4hb.net

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page