Formula coupons when I buy nursing pads. Seriously? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ladies, I need help.  I want to address this issue, but really have no clue what to say in a letter.  When I buy nursing pads at my favorite grocery store, their coupon generating software spits out a $5 Enfamil coupon.  This steams me. 

Is this a WHO code violation?  What should I say in a letter, and who should I address it to?

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-12-2010, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

No one wants to help? 

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#3 of 5 Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 AM

Unbelievable. Maybe try writing a letter to the grocery store? Besides stating that you find it offensive, you might also point out that they're not hitting their target market very well with a strategy like that. Nursing mothers are less likely to be using formula and more likely to be anti-formula, so they're really wasting their advertising money. Good luck!

Mom to Lovebug 2/10 and wife to DH.
Thrilled to debut our beautiful 2011 breastfeeding calendar! www.beautyofmothering.com
#4 of 5 Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 PM

I popped in here tonight just to post something similar.  I went out of town without my kids recently for one night and didn't take my pump.  Silly me didn't think I'd need it.  Heh.  I was seriously hurting after just a few hours and couldn't hand-express much.  I bought a small hand pump at a Walgreens and got one of those generated coupons.  For formula.  Puhlease.  I'm curious to know what company manages these coupon generators to know where to send my letter!

#5 of 5 Old 11-17-2010, 12:59 PM

This makes me so mad also.  It is direct marketing to breastfeeding mothers.  I would buy my nursing pads and breastmilk storage bags at Target and I was always getting coupons for formula.  The first time I was sort of vocal about it and said "SERIOUSLY!!  I'm obviously Breastfeeding!!!" and then apologized to the cashier because I know it's not their fault.  Ever since I just quietly hand the coupon back to the cashier, because I want no part of it.  Even on trips when I didn't buy breastfeeding supplies I would still get formula coupons.  Now that I don't buy those supplies anymore I don't ever get the coupons.  Jokes on them because I'm still breastfeeding!!

I would love to know if there is something we could do about this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page