breastfeeding/breast cancer t-shirt ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I want to make my dd a t-shirt for our celebration for my mom's 5 year breast cancer free party! I want to have some sort of cute, catchy slogan but still informational about how breastfeeding can help prevent breast cancer (although my mom bf 3 of us, but still). I've found some "Save the Boobies, 'cause babies gotta eat" type ones that are cute, but not quite what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas for a similar shirt for me or dh, we're getting ones too. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Since your mom is a survivor, and the party is for her, so it may not be what you are looking for. I am very fond of the "Use them or lose them" ;)

My Grandma had breast cancer ending in a double mastectomy. I don't think she BFed, but her cancer was directly related to exposure to radiation where she worked. I've always wondered if she had BFed if she would have still gotten the cancer. Or maybe it would just have "landed" somewhere else.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ah, yeah, I saw that one. Probably not great, especially since my mom only bf for like 3 months and I know she's already sensitive (you know, in the "it's wrong to do it longer" way) about my nursing longer. Thanks, though! I think we're just going to go with "I wear pink for my grandma" or something.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I like that. :)

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

User Tag List