formula ad on this website? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else getting an ad that is the hc parenting ad for similac on this website?  It keeps coming up on the right each time I go to a new page on mothering.  It is weird that it is on mothering.com anyway to me but really annoying too.  Am I the only one?  How are the ads on the right determined? Are they random?

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#2 of 7 Old 04-17-2011, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I used to get a couple of formula ads too - I'm in Canada and they were Canadian ads, so I think that is why they slipped through the screening process.

It's easy to get rid of them - just PM a mod (I contacted georgia) and they send it on to the ad person who blocks them. Let them know where you saw the ad, and what the URL is.

HTH!

#3 of 7 Old 04-17-2011, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here is a thread that shows how to report ads:
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1279749/resolved-when-to-report-ads

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 7 Old 04-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

Anyone else getting an ad that is the hc parenting ad for similac on this website?  It keeps coming up on the right each time I go to a new page on mothering.  It is weird that it is on mothering.com anyway to me but really annoying too.  Am I the only one?  How are the ads on the right determined? Are they random?

Nope, you're not the only one flavorfull1. I saw the similac ad too. I had to do a double take, b/c I didn't expect to see that here. I'm glad to know that we can report them. 

#5 of 7 Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

Here is a thread that shows how to report ads:
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1279749/resolved-when-to-report-ads

Thanks! (And rocks.jpg for honouring the Code!)

#6 of 7 Old 04-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Haven't seen any myself. Happy about that too!

#7 of 7 Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM

I've seen them on several occasions and always report them. Quite honestly I knew when I first started seeing them that Mothering must be having real financial problems to continue to accept ads from a provider than cannot GUARANTEE to be formula ad free. Its such a violation of the WHO code and just really, really sad to see. And I've noticed that they usually come up when I'm in the breastfeeding challenges forum. So clearly these ads are being targeted to extremely vulnerable moms. It really just makes me sick to my stomach.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page