Have you seen this new machine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I came across this link today . . . just wondered what everyone's thoughts were :)

http://community.our365.com/profiles/blogs/nestle-baby-formula-machine?utm_source=newsletter_all_06-06-2011&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=intro

#2 of 3 Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have mixed feelings about this. I know that some women have to formula feed for their own reasons. And those women certainly do deserve products to help make it more convenient. I know if I had to change to formula right now, I would see it as a huge inconvenience, and I would definitely want this product to help me out,

However, I think that products like these are making it just way too easy to never attempt to nurse in the first place. I have only one friend who actually nursed her child for more than a month. Of all my friends with babies and kids, they all formula fed, and almost all of them formula fed for selfish reasons (fear of pain, not being willing to get help from an LC with latching, not wanting to spend the time nursing can take, etc).

People are already falsely convinced that formula is the more convenient way to feed, and this just adds to that problem. Yeah, breastmilk may be the perfect temperature, but this handy machine makes the formula the perfect temperature too! Focusing on the ease of using this in formula feeding really detracts from the very important nutritional differences between formula and breast milk. Those differences were the biggest part of my decision to nurse, and I feel it should be that way for everyone.

Unless you have good reason not to nurse (like my close friend who is sad she cant nurse because she has to take bipolar and other meds that just arent safe for her baby) then I believe that the choice should be based on what is best for your baby. Isnt that what our lives are about now? Making the right choices for our kids? When you become a parent, your life is no longer just about you. Why would you ever want to give your child less than the best if at all possible?

Because look! There's this handy dandy little bottle brewer!

#3 of 3 Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There's a thread about this several posts down as well. smile.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page