Here in Texas WIC has a radio commercial... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...which describes breastfeeding benefits for mother and child and also mentions that it is legal to breastfeed in public thumb.gif.

Youngfrankenstein likes this.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#2 of 6 Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 AM

awesome!

#3 of 6 Old 10-29-2011, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

They did one last year that stated the breastfeeding benefits for your kids and DD1 told me thank you for making sure she was healthy!  You're welcome baby girl... now give me my perky boobs back!

#4 of 6 Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love their ad campaign-- I've gotten positive bf feedback from the oddest places (my teenage cousins) since those ads came out. They also put out a CD-- 'sing to me' that has beautiful breastfeeding lullabyes.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM

The local wic office here in S.A. were the ones who rented me a breastpump (free of charge) when DD was just out of the NICU but still not BF'ing very well yet. They've been very supportive, it's just sort of sad to see that very few other moms in the clinic are BF'ing and I haven't met any that have gone longer than 6mo....

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif
#6 of 6 Old 11-10-2011, 06:36 PM

It's in my state too!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page