I need letters of support for kid's breastfeeding picture book. Please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, can you help me...by signing a letter of support for a picture book on breastfeeding I want to self-publish? If I get enough letters then I can receive some funding to make it from the Australian government.

Have you noticed how nearly all picture books contain only illustrations of babies being bottlefed? Whenever the storyline involves a baby being fed, out comes a bottle. My two year old loves books and reads a lot, but we have never once come across a book with images of breastfeeding, which I think she would enjoy. I am hoping to address this imbalance with these new books.

The series will include a book describing the journey of a breastfeeding mother and child from infancy onwards, and a different book focusing more on helping an older toddler/child wean, offering a little gentle encouragement and reassurance for a child who is aged two, three, four, even five.

In order to receive the funding for this project, I need letters of support from people saying that they would buy these books.

I would be so happy if anyone could help me by sending me an email or private message of support containing your name and email address at the top. I will put the names of all the people who write to me in a raffle and send the winner the finished books for free.

All you have to say is that you like the idea and you would be very interested in buying one of the books. It is not in any way a commitment to actually buying the book, and I promise I won't ever send you any emails trying to sell you things.

You could use this template;

I (name) am an advocate of breastfeeding and I really like the idea of making a children's picture book containing positive images of breastfeeding. I would be very interested in buying such a product online, as long as the illustrations and storyline were appealing to me and it was affordable. (e.g less than ....dollars).

(you don't have to answer this part about price if you don't want to).

Thank you so very much : )
Ruzena
ruzenaspacek@googlemail.com

Tags
Lactivism

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page