Issue in Eugene, Oregon re: TIME mag story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-10-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi there, UnschoolnMa here. I haven't been here in a jillion years, but I am a long time MDC'er. Anyway, a local radio show from the Eugene Oregon area called the Donkey Show recently aired a bit about the TIME nursing/Parenting article. (The cover featuring a mom nursing an older kiddo standing on a stool.) This show is a little bit crude, funny, and sarcastic and I am a basic fan. Usually. Today they went after nursing in the extreme and it was very ignorant and offensive. They equatedall nursing in public to defecating, constantly compared it to sexual acts, talked about "banging the mom", and so on. I'd like to extend this information to the nursing women in the Eugene, Albany, Salem, Portland, etc area. Perhaps some letter writing, phone calls, or nursing outside the station would be helpful to these so called grown men. Marcus and Drew are their names. I apologize if I am doing this wrong or posting it in the wrong place. I just wanted to get this out to as many appropriate people as fast possible. I hope you will share this with anyone you might know from this area. Thank you!

Contact info:

‎101.5 KFLY-FM
1500 Valley River Dr.
Suite 350
Eugene, OR 97401

Business office: 541.284.3600
KFLY Studio: 541.284.1FLY or toll free 888.556.9156
Throbbit Hotline: 541.284.3637

http://www.kflyfm.com/contact

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page