I'm proud of these women. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/military-moms-breastfeeding-uniform-stir-controversey-214500503.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM

It's pretty sad that those particular photos could cause any controversy.  I thought they were very well done.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM

Apparently, breastfeeding and chewing gum are both not to be done in (US Army) uniform?

Gee...

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Aaaaaaahhhhhh  must not read the comments!!!!  My brain.  It hurts.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 PM

I think the photo is first of all, beautiful, second of all, incredibly tactful (seriously, what is being revealed here? nothing!), and third of all, THESE WOMEN ARE SUPERHEROS! The one on the left is a SOLDIER, AND breastfeeding twins!!!!! IMO, she can do anything she wants! It absolutely blows my mind that people are really willing to criticize the women who are not only sacrificing their time and freedom to serve our country and protect us, but doing so while ALSO sacrificing their own bodies to mother their children. I would think even the anti-NIP crowd would be able to just nod and walk. 

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

Old 06-03-2012, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjsmama View Post

I think the photo is first of all, beautiful, second of all, incredibly tactful (seriously, what is being revealed here? nothing!), and third of all, THESE WOMEN ARE SUPERHEROS! The one on the left is a SOLDIER, AND breastfeeding twins!!!!! IMO, she can do anything she wants! It absolutely blows my mind that people are really willing to criticize the women who are not only sacrificing their time and freedom to serve our country and protect us, but doing so while ALSO sacrificing their own bodies to mother their children. I would think even the anti-NIP crowd would be able to just nod and walk. 

Actually, the one woman's breasts are pretty revealed, but of course I don't have a problem with that. I think they are very beautiful and are doing what they are supposed to do, times two!

User Tag List