'breastfeeding in public' photo blog! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's legal to breastfeed in any public place in the UK but mothers still face disapproving stares and even a torrent of abuse. Some women are even unlawfully kicked out of places. Online I've seen members of the public lash out at breastfeeding mothers, saying that seeing nursing mothers puts them off their food and that we should stay in our homes like criminals, or time our outings so that we don't have to breastfeed in public. Some mothers decide to formula feed so they don't have to worry about this at all.  

So i thought I'd start up a blog featuring photos of me breastfeeding in public. The aim is to increase acceptability, to explain that it isn't always possible to time outings between feeds - and why should we have to? I also hope to reach those mothers who are considering using formula because they want to avoid this whole issue altogether.

So have a read, like it, share it on Facebook, and please do send me your own pictures to feature. I think we can do some good as long as we can spread the word far enough!

http://yummymummyclaire.blogspot.co.uk/

Roxswood likes this.
#2 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 AM

What a lovely idea, I have breastfed just about everywhere in the 8 years since my first was born. I'm also in the UK. :) 

I'm also called Clare (although without the i)!

#3 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Claire is such an awesome name ;D

We also have a Facebook page too - it'd be great if anyone interested would 'like' it. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yummy-Mummys-Breastfeeding-Blog/467187423318858

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page