What would you say on TV if you could? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was attending a public art function at a Community Center with my family. I sat down to nurse my twins. A parent from my daughters school came up to me to introduce herself and see my children, as she is also a mother to twins. She commented how she didn't even know I was nursing and we continued talking. A minute later an employee from the Community Center approached us and said, "If you are going to do that you will have to cover up". I asked her what I should be covering and she pointed to one of my children's heads and repeated herself. I told her I was breaking no law and continued nursing. She then repeated herself a third time and before she walked away the woman who had been talking to me spoke up and said to the employee that if I was showing more skin I would still be within the law. 

I have been approached by a local news station about the incident and could possibly be interviewed after the I get a response to my letter to the Community Center Administration and Board of Directors.

I am by no means a public speaker but want to be prepared with strong points that are fact based, and poignant. I want to represent breastfeeding moms proudly if the interview comes to pass. 

What would you say if you were me in front of a television camera? 

#2 of 3 Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No idea but good for you for standing up for yourself and your kids and shame on that employee.
#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Everyone know the benefits of bfing...well, in theory anyway.  Talk about the laws that protect it.  Best wishes!

Bring back the old MDC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page