5Likes
  • 3 Post By Usually Curious
  • 2 Post By crazyms

#1 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Modesty, blah, blah, blah

I don't come in here often, but I'm so sick of my (mostly) religious friends blathering on about modesty. I've nursed seven children and I've never used a cover. I also doubt anyone has ever seen my boob. But these whiners are making me want to post a pic on FB of me nursing nude! It would serve them right!

I always tell them that just because they have bought into society's sexualization of women does not mean women should have to cover up. In order to normalize BFing, one has to make it normal, i.e. do it whenever, however, and wherever.

How about people just get over themselves?
Nazsmum, Xerxella and discalceata like this.
#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Yep! Funny I actually said the same thing this morning myself although a different situation. I was changing my clothes and the kids came running in the room - to which ds says to my naked chest "oh my gosh mom! You gotta put a shirt on." Well... son I'm in my room getting dressed so maybe you shouldn't barge in. Instead I asked him why? They're just breasts. Baby bottles. That's how each of you ate as babies. Would a baby bottle gross you out? "No" Okay then a breast shouldn't gross you out. Same thing. "Ugh okay mom" (He's 7 )
Usually Curious and Nazsmum like this.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#3 of 4 Old 08-07-2014, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
You ladies are right! Never really understand the whole cover-up thing.
#4 of 4 Old 08-07-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
You ladies are right! Never really understand the whole cover-up thing.
My dd is 24 and tandem nurses wherever and whenever. My sons are 22yo, 17yo, then 8, 6, 4, and 2. I'm raising them to be completely comfortable with nursing however their future SO's want to nurse. I've taught them the law, and taught them that they are expected to speak up in defense of nursing mothers being hassled regardless of whether or not they know them. I've also made it clear that if they interfere with their SO's instincts on nursing (i.e. suggesting covers, scheduled feedings, CIO) that it will be me and them (as in, they're gonna get it from mom!). I won't tolerate any intererence from men when it comes to breastfeeding. IMO, men don't have a say in how I (or those close to me) breastfeed my child.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page