Toronto Dufferin Grove NIP incident - summary and update - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love how she keeps bringing up the whole "not yet tested in courts" clause. Does she really want to be the one who gets sued so they can be tested?
I'm proud of you, and of Erica, and of all the moms who have helped get the word out on this.
I still wish Jutta would back down, apologize, and shut up, but I'm guessing that's about as likely as Nestle turning into the world's largest source of breastfeeding advocacy...
Annette

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2005, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The policy is very cutting-edge. It exempts breastfeeding mothers from any clothing restrictions whatsoever, and broadens parts of Human Rights Commissions "guidelines" (not yet tested in the courts) to interpret even the drawing of a privacy curtain near an unclothed mother as an unlawful interference in the delicate process of feeding a baby.

UMMMMM.......... imagine the never of us bfing moms not even allowing someone to pull a curtain around us. Add that to the list of things to pack in a diaper bag... Diapers, check, hat, check, portable privacy curtain, check. No need to put a privacy curtain up i brought my own

/sarcasm

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice in Canada
I think, at this point, we should be celebrating. This incident, has brought the issue of breastfeeding in public to the attention of the bureaucrats and politicians of the largest city in Canada. It has forced them to think long and carefully about the HRC and how it protects breastfeeding.
Janice
I agree with Janice - this incident has received a lot of public attention and discussion, leading to better understanding in the general public, which is more important than trying to change one individual's opinions. I only hope that this incident does not ever get repeated in the park, rinkhouse or anywhere else in Toronto.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 PM

WHAT A VICTORY!!!!!

For PArks & Rec to apologize... that's great! And Councillor Giambrone's letter was VERY strongly worded.....

I'm sure Jutta will find some "wiggle" room to continue to defend her indefensible position..... but the important thing is here, she does not have a leg to stand on with:

The City
Parks & Rec
The HRC
and anyone outside her circle of devoted fans.

THANK YOU JUTTA for your tireless campaigning, this did more for the breastfeeding in public cause than we could ever have hoped for!

And THANK YOU ERIKA for having the ovaries to stand up and do this for women everywhere... one particular woman not being terribly impressed, notwithstanding.

A.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Old 02-02-2005, 06:54 PM

way to throw your sucker in the dirt, Jutta. If you can't have it your way, no one can have Friday Night Suppers, I guess. Bah!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickPony
way to throw your sucker in the dirt, Jutta. If you can't have it your way, no one can have Friday Night Suppers, I guess. Bah!
I just don't even have words.

Well, yeah I do, but I read the profanity sticky and can't say them.

Must be nice to be queen of your very own city-paid-for queendom...

Annette

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List