Do NOT answer National Opinion Network survey - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see a problem with the questions. I answered it and got $50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 04-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doing our best

I received this survey in the mail and searched information online before filling it out. That landed me here and some of the comments about formula have made me livid. I created an account to respond, and, though a breastfeeding forum may not be the best place to be pro-formula, but I think hurtful words should be addressed wherever they are found. I agree no one should be pressured to use formula instead of breastfeeding. But some of us don't have a choice. I pumped 9 times a day with a hospital grade pump for a month while taking herbal supplements and tea and at best ever achieved 60 mL in a day total. That is not enough to feed a growing baby. My daughter has been on formula since she was four days old when an excellent lactation consultant and our pediatrician advised us to start formula after she had lost over a pound of her birthweight. I thank God every day for their expertise and the availability of safe formula to feed my girl. I'm still pumping as much as possible and breastfeeding at least once a day. I beat myself up for weeks about being a horrible mother even though I had no choice. I still feel guilty, which is why when people make comments like "formula is poison" I get riled up. We're all just doing our best. You are entitled to your opinions, but know that your naïveté can hurt others.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page