PG, nursing, need help cutting out the last couple of night time/nap time nursings... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 3 1/2 mos pregnant. My daughter is 2 1/2 and just nurses before and after nap and before and after night time. She sleeps with us. I seriously considered clw and tandem nursing her and the baby. But I have come to the realization that it is not right for us. I have had hyperemesis and had to cut her back to the current nursings. Also, I had trouble getting her started nursing as a newborn and am anticipating this problem again with the new baby.

I would like to gently wean her from these last few nursings before the baby is born. I am still sick, though less, and tired and just need a break from nursing before the new baby comes. Plus I don't want to wean her after the baby comes and have her think it is the baby's fault. She is barely hanging on during these 4 nursings anyway and it is feeling uncomfortable with the pregnancy. Could some of you who did mother led weaning for the last few sleepy nursings share your advice with me? Also, any good book recommendations on the subject would be appreciated. If your only advice is to do clw, please be kind and try to understand it is not what I am able to do right now. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-27-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

No replies....Does that mean no one has advice other than clw? I could really use some help....
#3 of 5 Old 04-27-2005, 04:33 PM

there is this book out that i am going to try cause im kinda in the same situation as you. i have a 7 almost 8 month old daughter who i breastfed. she has to nurse to sleep no matter what. i also have another baby due in october so i need to wean my daughter before the next one gets here. the book i was told about is called "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. i was told this will help for all kinds of problems. so all i can say is give it a try cause ill be doing so.

#4 of 5 Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 PM

I just want to give you a and bump up your thread. I don't have any advice for you though. I hope someone else can help you. You might try cross-posting in the bfing beyond infancy forum. I seem to recall seeing some mother led weaning support threads there.
#5 of 5 Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will try looking at the book store for help. I did get the name of a lactation consultant and a La Leche League group in my area (Western KY). So hopefully I will find some help there. They don't meet till the end of the month so I guess I will put off trying to wean till then. I am thinking of cutting down on the naptime nursings if I can and then leaving the night time ones for now. Any thoughts?

I am just going crazy right now with hormones and worrying about having 2 kids because I have put myself so completely into my daughter for so long. I worry about having enough love and attention for both of them and getting out and about with 2 kids and just feel depressed for some reason. I NEVER thought I would feel this way about having another baby! I always wanted kids so badly and wanted them closer together and wanted more of them. But now I feel sick, depressed, and like I don't want to have more kids. And I hate myself like this. Anyone felt this way?

Momma2emerson, I see on your tag that you are ttc and I had trouble conceiving my 1st baby, 7 years actually. So I had a lot easier time getting pg this time. It only took 1 year and almost felt like a surprise! I'm actually wishing I had waited longer just because I've been so sick. But people keep telling me it will be easier in the long run having the kids closer together in age. I hope so. They'll be 3 years apart. I'd be glad to chat about ttc stuff too, it is something you never really forget. Good luck to you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page