Nurse-in at "The View"? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavamamakava
Add this horrid opinion piece from my loical news http://www.komotv.com/kenschram/story.asp?ID=37268

I saw that tonight on the news and almost :Puke I can't believe that guy!!! I emailed him the following:

Dear Mr. Schram,
I am appalled by your commentary about the 'nurse-in' that took place in New York. I cannot believe that you are comparing feeding a child to peeing in a glass jar. I am a breastfeeding mother, yes I feed my daughter in public, yes MOST of the time I am discreet. I frankly don't think it matters if women are discreet about it or not. Please explain to me why it is ok for half naked women in Victoria's Secret ads to be on TV, but you think that a mother feeding her baby is wrong?? I think your commentary does a great disservice to women and babies, as you are being extremely negative about breastfeeding. Many people in our country are still learning to be accepting of breastfeeding and moronic comments like yours are not helpful. Most people I know are NOT offended by seeing me feed my daughter. How dare you criticize what is best for my child?!?!

Sincerely,
Rebecca S.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavamamakava
Add this horrid opinion piece from my loical news http://www.komotv.com/kenschram/story.asp?ID=37268
His e-mail is at the end of the piece asking for comments. Any takers? Perhaps someone should point out that it was NOT just BW's comments, but Star's continued reference to breastfeeding as 'gross' and the celebration of formula that lead to the nurse-in.
#423 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:29 AM

I am sure it does,but i don't care, obviously these people aren't going to change thier minds, so i am going to let them know just how I feel, they don't seem to care how we feel and i don't care how they feel. Sorry i know many of you don't agree. I see us running into a dead end with people like this.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#424 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:32 AM

WATCH the Jimmy Kimmel show on ABC tonight!

About 10 minutes into the show, he talks about the nurse in. . he plays the tape of what Barbara said on the 18th.
He plays the tape of what she said today on the view.
Then he says, what a minute.... and he goes back and plays the tape from the 18th again.

She is clearly saying that "she" was uncomfortable, and the man beside her was HER publicist (not some stranger).

On "the view" Tuesday, she is clearly heard saying that "he" was uncomfortable.

He is clearly implying, and showing, that she was lying today.

Please someone on the west coast, tape this.

Distribute this widely!

I have satelitte TV, so now I will have to stay up until 1 am here, to watch it on the Spokane channel
(My husband just watched it - he is at his sister's house tonight, he had to phone me right away to tell me!)

Janice
#425 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Janice, can I tell you how much I admire your passion? I am just amazed at how much you have done to help get the word out, and how helpful you have been. Thank you!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#426 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie
Janice, can I tell you how much I admire your passion? I am just amazed at how much you have done to help get the word out, and how helpful you have been. Thank you!
ITA, you are an awsome mama

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#427 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Darn it! I even had the Jimmy Kimmel Show on, but my DD woke up and needed nursed back to sleep. That is just awesome, though! Wherever Barbara is, I hope she knows she is B-U-S-T-E-D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice in Canada

About 10 minutes into the show, he talks about the nurse in. . he plays the tape of what Barbara said on the 18th.
Then he says, what a minute.... and he goes back and plays the tape from the 18th again.

She is clearly saying that "she" was uncomfortable, and the man beside her was HER publicist (not some stranger).

Distribute this widely!

I have satelitte TV, so now I will have to stay up until 1 am here, to watch it on the Spokane channel
(My husband just watched it - he is at his sister's house tonight, he had to phone me right away to tell me!)

Janice
#428 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:49 AM

OMG I just LOVE being a part of all you wonderful lactivists lives!!

I am seriously tearing up reading these posts....
And I will watch jimmy Kimmel here in AZ to see what he has to say..
I have my VCR set for tomorrow also. I can't bring myself to sit through that show unless it is worth it.

Thanks for all you do

Michelle, vegan mama to my two sweeties, L, 4/21/04 and C, 10/29/06 married to my Bryce for 20 years.

#429 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:54 AM

:LOL :LOL Just in time for tomorrow's The View!!!! I wonder what she will have to say about that? Will she lie AGAIN?????????

Quote:

Distribute this widely!

Janice
#430 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polihaupt

:LOL :LOL Just in time for tomorrow's The View!!!! I wonder what she will have to say about that? Will she lie AGAIN?????????
It's like a soap opera, isn't it? Except, even with 150 nursing mamas, you still probably see less breast than in a soap opera. :LOL

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#431 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:57 AM

I unfortunately will not be able to watch what those ladies will have to say on THE VIEW tomorrow and I don't own a VCR.
Where can I get transcripts? Could any of you summarize what will be said tomorrow and post here? Or PM me?

PLEEEASE! :
#432 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:58 AM

Quote:
It's like a soap opera, isn't it? Except, even with 150 nursing mamas, you still probably see less breast than in a soap opera. :LOL
#433 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polihaupt
I unfortunately will not be able to watch what those ladies will have to say on THE VIEW tomorrow and I don't own a VCR.
Where can I get transcripts?
That's the $1,000,000 question. If we could easily obtain transcripts, proving what everyone said would be a heck of a lot easier!

#434 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:03 AM

Quote:
That's the $1,000,000 question. If we could easily obtain transcripts, proving what everyone said would be a heck of a lot easier!
Well, I guessed that :LOL I am still baffled though at how stupid Barbara is for having the guts to lie so openly when what she said earlier has been recorded!!! Ok... maybe she thinks WE are stupid. A big bunch of "hormonal" ladies (to quote Rosie's pearl)
Seriously now - I was hoping for some unoficial transcripts. Anyone??
#435 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:09 AM

Keith Oberman also showed the original clip of her talking about being uncomfortable on his show on MSNBC (there is a thread about it).

I wish I had seen the Jimmy Kimmel clip....if anyone taped it, I would *LOVE* a copy!!
#436 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:15 AM

ADD ONE MORE TO THE MEDIA COVERAGE LIST!!!!

MSNBC Coundown with Keith OlbermannCheck out #1 on the list!

The did an interview with a lactavist too!

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#437 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:16 AM

So freaking cool.

#438 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:17 AM

who is going to help me stay awake for 2 more hours - to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show???

I guess I will work on something. I have a talk radio interview tomorrow at 10, I wanted to get a good sleep.

Thanks for the thanks. This has been quite an amazing ride. I'm getting tired of working at a "New York" pace. I want to go back to "Saskatchewan time". And this being in the middle of the continent, means I can pretty much work all day on something.....

Janice
#439 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:26 AM

Just watched Jimmy Kimmel (Central time, US) and the Baba part is at the end of his monologue. He does play the tape where BW says that she and her male hairdresser were on a flight (she had window, coiffure dude in the middle) and a woman sat next to them breastfeeding "without a blanket or anything! It made us uncomfortable."

Then he plays the phone-in clip from today where BW says that "it made *him* uncomfortable, as it does make some men uncomfortable." Then the show goes back to replay where she said it made *us* uncomfortable. Then Jimmy said, "So she's a misogynist and a liar!"

:LOL Go Jimmy!

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#440 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:29 AM

check this out..you gotta scroll down a bit....http://www.celebrity-babies.com/
#441 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 03:43 AM

I think, tonight, we just became "cool".
#442 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 04:01 AM

Quote:
who is going to help me stay awake for 2 more hours - to watch the Jimmy Kimmel show???
Check this out: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=3256537 :LOL Well! It'll give you something else to think about.

Quote:
I guess I will work on something. I have a talk radio interview tomorrow at 10, I wanted to get a good sleep.
Good luck!
#443 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:02 AM

This is soo awsome , powerful and inspiring. I have spent almost an hour reading all of your posts.

I don't really remember how long ago I came here and read some of the first posts. Today I happened to watch the view which I never do and felt so proud of being part of tis discussion board.

That Rosie is going coo-coo like she will say. She's definitely selfish. I can't wait for tomorrow and hear and see what Babs has to say It will be interesting because the part that struck me about her comments today was how much the nurse in made her feel bad Buhh huu

Love to you all

Jula
#444 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:02 AM

I got the Jimmy Kimmel bit on tape! If anyone wants/needs it lmk! It was GREAT! Babs is SO busted! Funny, and this whole thing was never really about her at all.
#445 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:10 AM

I'm watching the Kimmel show on the computer right now so I can record it to a computer video format if anyone wants it.... I dont have a website big enough to put it on if it gets a lot of traffic, but can give it to anyone who wants it, LOL.
#446 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 AM

ok i got it .... i just have to figure out how to save it as something other than a .vcr file, LOL
#447 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 AM

I saw the original offending show and was so ticked when Barbara made those statements today saying she never said it bothers her personally because she had....it is what was so offending.....it is why so many of us got so ticked (among other things)
I jusdt saw Jimmy Kimmel.....and I am now a fan. Sooooo cool to see it put up there and shown what a liar she has been about this incident.
I am curious what she says tomorrow...does she think we are idiots, does she think we have no tivo and vcr's???
If she had simply said she had said it and was sorry I might have some respect. Take responsibility for goddesses sake.

Bleu
#448 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 AM

I just show the Kembal show.............I LOVE how he siad the Babs was a LIER!!!!!! let see how fast she backpedels now.

I do apolagize for my moment of weakness with the letter i wrote to that Ken guy, I just feel like some people are just not open minded and they will never change their opinon about BF. I tend to let my frustration act before i think things through with issues like this. Anyway this grumpy BFing mama needs her sleep! See you all in the morning!

#449 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 05:56 AM

ok small/low quality version of it:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/114716894382615.html

slightly bigger and clearer version:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/137928795382655.html
#450 of 602 Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee
Wherever Barbara is, I hope she knows she is B-U-S-T-E-D.
BUSTed? Is the pun intended? :LOL

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page