Just deflated - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I called ito a local talk-radio station this morning since they were "discussing" NIP and World BFing Week. I think I got my point across but I am kinda sorry I called in because I've just been thinking about it all bloody day, and thinking of things I should have said, and agonizing over how i sounded. Plus of course I didn't make one whisp of difference to the host.

I just couldn't let him be the only one with the microphone, YK? What he was saying was just so WRONG. : Well, my DH said he's a gasbag and my mom says I did a great job. I'm just feeling depressed and I need a hug. People like him just make me feel like there's no hope that things will ever change.

FYI, just a very short sumary of what he said was that all BFIng advocates are "psychologically dysfunctional" and that we all have identity crises and are using our children to get attentiont since we never grew up, and that we are BFing guerillas. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's too awful to rehash again. Just someone say something to make me feel better, quick. These pregnancy hormones are helping me to take this way too personally.
#2 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:20 PM

He is an ass. Good for you for not letting him be the only voice. Not everything worth doing is worth waiting until you think you can do it "perfectly" in order to take action, YK?

Hugs to you mama.
#3 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:27 PM

dimples~im so very sorry that this has upset you so much! but i totally know how you feel when you've said something and later when you can't add to the discussion, you think of such profound things to say!! :

your husband and mom are right!! the guy is probably a total douche bag and unfortunately probably most of his listeners are too. i mean if they listen to someone spout off ignorant bull crap like that, then i doubt you were going to change anyone's mind. just know that i think i can say most all of us agree with you and if anyone's "pyschologically disfunctional" it him!! plus, feel proud that you stood up for your beliefs and that's whats important!!
#4 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I never listen to talk radio and I told him so. He mentioned over and over how his show is the "most-listened-to" show in the...I don't know, state or county or something. Well, I never heard of him and I sure wasn't impressed after today. :
#5 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:51 PM

WTG!! You did an awesome thing! If you changed one person's mind you're a hero to some baby somewhere. If nothing else I'm sure you got some wheels spinning!!!
#6 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 07:04 PM

What a jerk. It's when I hear about guys like him that I know we still have work to do and I feel my inner mama bear roaring again. It's not him that's important though, it's all the listeners who were hearing an informed point of view for the first time. You did great!! Be proud!
#7 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcromom
What a jerk. It's when I hear about guys like him that I know we still have work to do and I feel my inner mama bear roaring again. It's not him that's important though, it's all the listeners who were hearing an informed point of view for the first time. You did great!! Be proud!
:

#8 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is he an ass, a douche-bag, or a boob?

I personally think boob is more fitting. :LOL

Good for you for calling in! Even if you didn't word things "perfectly" you still put a shot of sanity into his show!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page