Scientology advises NOT to breastfeed??? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 09-25-2005, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine
The Romans had honey...that's a good reason to give it to babies?!?!? How about this...the Romans had BOOBS.

:LOL
(After I get back up on my chair, I'll have to finish reading the rest of this thread.)
#92 of 96 Old 09-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingMama
Does Breastfeeding and Catholic Motherhood: God's Plan for You and Your Baby give any weaning advice?
I know this is not exactly on topic, but I wanted to respond by saying that although I have not read this book (hadn't heard of it until this post - thanks!), if you know about Sheila Kippley, she is very pro-bfing, AP, cosleeping, natural child spacing (another of her books--"Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing"), and it seems like she would give some kind of advice re: weaning.
As for the scientology discussion here, I'm in agreement that it seems to be more of a cult than a religion. On the topic of breastfeeding, maybe someone should try to get Tom Cruise to weigh in on this one. He seems to give his opinion about a number of other mama issues!
#93 of 96 Old 09-26-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine18

I am a Scientologist...
For those of you who say Scientology is a cult, sexist, and about the money, I would beg to differ. I would not call myself a Scientologist if that was the case. The Scientologists I have met are all very ethical, caring, and purposeful human beings and I am proud to classify myself as a Scientologist. Check out www.scientology.org for some info about the religion from the source.

I see Christine, this is your 1st post! Where did you hear about mdc, that you now come in to defend/promote Scientology?
#94 of 96 Old 09-26-2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marycatlumom
I know this is not exactly on topic, but I wanted to respond by saying that although I have not read this book (hadn't heard of it until this post - thanks!), if you know about Sheila Kippley, she is very pro-bfing, AP, cosleeping, natural child spacing (another of her books--"Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing"), and it seems like she would give some kind of advice re: weaning.
La Leche League, whose founders all happen to be Catholic, strangely enough, have several books on weaning. Mothering Your Nursing Toddler is one. How Weaning Happens is another.
#95 of 96 Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaryLLL
I see Christine, this is your 1st post! Where did you hear about mdc, that you now come in to defend/promote Scientology?
Yes, this is my first post. I get the Mothering magazine and email newsletters and find the information very informative. This last email newsletter had listed this topic. When I went to check it out, I found a lot of mystery and mis-information, so I thought I could shed a little first hand wisdom on the situation since I am a mom and a Scientologist
#96 of 96 Old 09-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Liar.

The Co$ has personnel who surf the web all day, looking to spread the "truth". I know this for a fact.

Also, $cientology is a cult and I was once a young woman who was sucked into it. It's all about the money and when I wanted to leave (after money ran out and I was no longer able to take classes), I was locked in a closet for a day and half and told to steal from my parents.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page