No longer allowed to nurse son at daycare during pick-up (in front of other children) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2005, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think LLL is just trying to make all women feel comfortable. The first time I went to the mall after dd was born, I ran to the ladies lounge at the nearest dept store. Shortly thereafter, I realized I needed to feed my baby and I didn't care anylonger. It may take some women some time to get used to it.

I'd just like to meet other like-minded moms and talk about something other than childbirth or breastfeeding, have playgroups, etc. But that is just my frustration...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2005, 05:13 PM

(I've never had an infant or toddler in day care, so ignore my remarks if they make no sense)

Imagine if we were actually in a breastfeeding culture - where all babies and toddlers were breastfed until at least the age of 2 or 3 years or so.

If EVERYONE's kid wanted to breastfeed when they were picked up - the dcp would just get used to that, and would have to accomodate that, wouldn't she? Doesn't the dcp spend a bit of time with the parent, to tell how the child's day was? This could be done while the child nursed for a couple of minutes. IME, especially with an older child, you are much better off to let the child nurse for a few minutes or even seconds, and then ask them to stop, than to not let them nurse at all. I was able to get my kids to understand to limit the time spent nursing (in some circumstances when that was needed) MUCH earlier than getting them to be okay with NOT nursing AT ALL, or delaying the nursing to another time or location.

After all, we all know that asking your child to wait until you get home, is entirely out of the question and missing the point of breastfeeding, especially with a toddler or older child who is nursing for comfort, not nutrition.

would pick-up be even less chaotic, if all the kids nursed immediately upon pick-up? What is easier to talk over top of - an overexcited or upset child, or one that is quietly and happily nursing when reunited with mom?

Yes, this would take up space, to accomodate parents lingering a bit to nurse their child, but I would think it would *lessen*, not increase the noise and chaos at pickup times.

Just my thoughts.
Janice
Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Janice, what a concept!

A true breastfeeding culture. We can dream.

"What will you do once you know?"
Old 11-07-2005, 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=Janice in Canadawould pick-up be even less chaotic, if all the kids nursed immediately upon pick-up? What is easier to talk over top of - an overexcited or upset child, or one that is quietly and happily nursing when reunited with mom?

Yes, this would take up space, to accomodate parents lingering a bit to nurse their child, but I would think it would *lessen*, not increase the noise and chaos at pickup times.

Just my thoughts.
Janice[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, how on earth can a mother sitting with her nursling be construed as adding to a hectic situation? Silly.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove
I personally don't see it as discrimatory, or teaching mamas to feel ashamed of nursing.

LLL has helped so many mamas with breastfeeding, I am sorry that you feel so negatively towards them

This is a bit OT but I definitely agree with you. LLL is mother to mother breastfeeding support. Many brand new moms seek out LLL when they are exhausted, vulnerable and in pain....crying, unable to coordiante discreet breastfeeding with shields/shells/breastpads, etc. Many of these moms ARE awkward nursing in front of people, even other women! These "fictitious" moms DEFINITELY exist, I see them monthly. Do I hope they come out of their shell and have much ease nursing in public? Of course! Many of them do. Is it appropriate to have men at meetings where we are trying to help them with latch, position, etc? No. Perhaps Fathers Welcome meetings are an option, as well as groups like API.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

At this point I still just want to cry... I wonder if I'm wrong in beliving it is OK to nurse my 15 mo old in public. I nursed my dd for 18 mo and my son for 15 mo so far. This is the first time I have ever encountered such a problem (besides the guys at my old job who thought I shouldn't be nursing past 6 weeks)regarding nursing in public. I just plain feel horrible... I'm now concerned if we'll get kicked out of swimming if I nurse Gabe by the pool to tide him over through class time (it's right after nap), esp since some of the parents at the former day care are members of the club (we're not). Or what about the next mall or restaurant... Or at the Temple we belong to (ended up parents are members there too)... I always considered day care a safe haven... These are the people who are a surrogate mom... It's just so sad...
Am I always going to be looking over my shoulder from now on? Maybe it'll come with time...

Anyhow, after this wretched experience I will likely venture back to LLL again so I can cry and whine with the other moms. I just hope it doesn't scare other mom's from bfing...

DH called the old daycare and she is going to put the key forms and all of our stuff outside for pick-up tonight. I'll be interested in the termination form...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirlynwittles
I wonder if I'm wrong in beliving it is OK to nurse my 15 mo old in public.
No, you're not wrong. She is.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 11-07-2005, 08:12 PM

I'm a daycare provider and I'm intolerant of formula fed babies! Just kidding...I luckily haven't been put in a formula situation yet. All the moms I work with have breastfed their kids for **at least** a year and I'm really proud of them. When you are a working mom it is imperative that you have a supportive caregiver who understands how important breastfeeding is to you and your child especially. It seems that this is an issue that must be addressed in the initial interview process.

Rant: the parents who don't want you to bf in front of the other children are so misguided that I really feel incredibly sorry for their offspring. UGH!

*S*
DD 8, DS 6, & New Little One - EDD 6/20/11
Old 11-07-2005, 09:38 PM

I live in your local area and wanted to send you my supportive thoughts. I can't believe this happened - how DARE they!!!!! You have handled this in a much more adult/polite way that I would have been able to.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM

You know I'm reading this as a childcare provider. I'm getting county certified in Ohio now because my zoning was recently approved though after yrs. of fighting.
I think this is an excellent thing to bring up to my certication inspector.
Personally I have no problem w/ mothers breastfeeding in my daycare setting whether it's covered, or not. I don't agree w/ toddlers being breastfed, but if moms wanted to do this in our presence it's a fact of life & I'm good w/ it.

But, I also can see that daycare homes are in homes & when you are in someone's home you need to respect what they feel comfortable with. Like when I'm at my mother in laws I have to take off my shoes, not smoke & I'm certain they'd be uncomfortable w/ breastfeeding. But i know you paid this person so you feel you have some say so.

If other parents had issues w/ you doing this then I have to say in her case majority rules. If I had decied between protecting a daycare mommy rights to breastfed her toddler compared to losing 3/4's my income I'd have to choose feeding my family. As much as my heart is w/ the breastfeeding mom my obligation is to my family & to fed them.

But, I have to say I honestly think there was another issue & your provider used breastfeeding complaints to get rid of you. Sorry it's just the vibes I get. I can't grasp that she could of waited an extra month & you were gone anyways. )

And something here said that offends me as an adoptive mom. Just because you adopt does not mean you did not breastfed, or wanted to. Some women still breastfed their adopted babies. I wanted to despartly , but my son was still in fostercare until age 2 & there of corse were rules not to breastfed. We were lucky & he stayed w/ usd uninterupted from 2 months old & we adopted him. I really felt I missed out on that wonderful aspect of motherhood...more so then birth (I recently witnessed my stepdaughter giving birth & no I don't feel I missed out due to the pain! BUt, breastfeeding Yes!) or being pregnant.

I also taught breastfeeding to new nursing moms at a hospital as an aide in the mid 1980's so I do understand & care. Some people don't care.

You seem to already be having problems w/ your new school. Perhaps you need a nursery school that is really okay w/ it. I liken it to we adopted out of our race so anyone who is uncomfortable w/ that is not a person we associate w/. You need to find a supportive environment.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM

I have been following this thread since the begining, and I seriously want to cry. Not because I'm surprised... but because I'm not. MI is SUCH a backwords state when it comes to BFing in general. I'll be joining the yahoo group mentioned earlier... I can't NIP now, I'm still growing my babe, but I have got to be prepared to do something to help MI moms once this babe is here.

To the OP, I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. Hopefully something good will come out of this drama and make the sting a little less for you.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you to whoever cleaned up this mess. It was really making me feel horrible.

After the extra long ride to his new day care, Gabe nursed happily as I got the Helene counseling that I got daily when dd went there. She has been doing for so long, even DH went to her house for daycare as a child.

Thanks for the support from all the mamas! I really need to move on from this...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:27 PM

nak

I have removed a number of posts from this thread as it was derailing the discussion into something that violates the user agreement:

Quote:
You are expected to avoid the following when you post:
5. Posting to invite members to other boards for debate purposes or posting about discussions at other boards. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
http://www.mothering.com/mdc/mdc_useragreement.html

If you are a member of another online community that has come here because of this discussion please be aware and mindful of the User Agreement that I have linked above and also the purpose of the MDC Breastfeeding boards:

Quote:
As an extension of Mothering Magazing, MotheringDotCommune (MDC) upholds this as an integral part of its community purpose. MDC is a platform for SUPPORT and ADVOCACY to mothers and babies who are passionate about their right to breastfeed. As such it is a valuable and safe place for those who seek advice, support, and action when it comes to the many challenges, obstacles, and societal conditions they experience as breastfeeding mothers.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=194893
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 PM

nak

i must say trishshack is so cool. when i nak it looks like this but her post looks lke she aint naking at all
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 AM

I too am in SE MI, and my dd is 9 months. I would be interested if you do a nurse out, I would love to come and support. I agree that MI is in the dark about nursing! I nurse everywhere I go though, despite the dirty looks! I nurse my dd in Spartan Stadium in my seat (I'm a season tix holder, and when she's hungry, I feed her). I have been gasped at by older ladies at Lakeside Mall for sitting in one of the more secluded areas and nursing. People think they cannot talk to you while you nurse, it's crazy!
To all the michigan mommas let's stand up for our right to feed our babies and not be ashamed.

Heather
Of course I am going to nurse right here, I am not responsible for your comfort...I am responsible for my daughter's!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice in Canada
(I've never had an infant or toddler in day care, so ignore my remarks if they make no sense)

Imagine if we were actually in a breastfeeding culture - where all babies and toddlers were breastfed until at least the age of 2 or 3 years or so.

If EVERYONE's kid wanted to breastfeed when they were picked up - the dcp would just get used to that, and would have to accomodate that, wouldn't she? Doesn't the dcp spend a bit of time with the parent, to tell how the child's day was? This could be done while the child nursed for a couple of minutes. IME, especially with an older child, you are much better off to let the child nurse for a few minutes or even seconds, and then ask them to stop, than to not let them nurse at all. I was able to get my kids to understand to limit the time spent nursing (in some circumstances when that was needed) MUCH earlier than getting them to be okay with NOT nursing AT ALL, or delaying the nursing to another time or location.

After all, we all know that asking your child to wait until you get home, is entirely out of the question and missing the point of breastfeeding, especially with a toddler or older child who is nursing for comfort, not nutrition.

would pick-up be even less chaotic, if all the kids nursed immediately upon pick-up? What is easier to talk over top of - an overexcited or upset child, or one that is quietly and happily nursing when reunited with mom?

Just my thoughts.
Janice

This isn't a dream - this is my reality! We are truly blessed to have found a DCP who not only is totally supportive of me nursing Dante when I pick him up, she is still nursing her 4 year old daughter!

There are only 3 daycare children total, and all of the other parents are BFing supporters as well, and all the daycare children have been BFed. At pick-up time, everyone hangs out for a bit, and DCP tells us all about how each child's day was, anyone who needs to nurse can nurse, lunch kits are packed up, toys are tidied away and bye-byes are said. Dante actually cried when saying goodbye to DCP today - he's only been there a month but he really loves her, she is so gentle and good for him.

I too often take it for granted, but stories like the OP's make me count my blessings and I pray that my experience becomes the norm some day soon for all of us who need to use daycare.

-Kira
Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by townmouse
nak

i must say trishshack is so cool. when i nak it looks like this but her post looks lke she aint naking at all
What is naking? (sounds fun)
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextcommercial
What is naking? (sounds fun)
"nursing at keyboard"? That's what I thought...

There's me, DH, and the little guy (8/05). Expecting another little one 10/10! Hoping for a .
Old 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockingup99
I had to leave my church www.northridgechurch.com because they push formula. Breastfed babies should have equal rights. They only feed babies formula while in the nursery. They could not use my breastmilk, and offered me free formula. I wrote, and they won't budge. They claim it is safer in case a bottle gets switched. I pointed out that some babies with severe allegies could die from a wrong bottle of formula, and it should not be a possibilty.
Yeah this infuriated me so much I went to their site and wrote them an email!!! I was as tactful as I could be but let them know I thought their practices were totally unacceptable.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Quote:
BREAST MILK GUIDELINES
Only bottles containing formula may be brought to the Nursery. A volunteer can not accept bottles containing breast milk, which is considered a bodily fluid.

A beautiful nursing mother’s room with audio/visual feed of each service is available to all nursing mothers.

http://www.northridgechurch.com/kids...erPolicies.asp

They have a pile of free formula, and recommend it to new moms as safer.
:Puke

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Old 11-08-2005, 07:12 PM

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Its sad that we all cant just agree that we all do things differently. I breast fed my son as absolutely long as I possibly could, unfortunately, for me it wasnt nearly long enough, but due to workplace constraints I was only able to BF until he was 6 mos old. I tried pumping for 4 months but my boss was such a mean ole b!+c# that she found it totally unacceptable for me to take 35 minutes for lunch instead of 30 minutes and my job was put on the line. Like I said she was a b!+c#. So, since I had to work to support my family I quit completely and switched to formula. It was horrible, but being homeless would have been worse. After the BFing conflicts with my boss she never really got over it. She seemed to always be looking for a way to call me into her office - kwim? So, I quit and decided that my time would be better spent with my child and I decided to do daycare out of my home. This was a great change for me, my family and for the many families I have provided a service to. I love the kids, I love the job (most days) and for the most part I love the parents. I say for the most part with the parents because there are times when you have a set of parents that seem more concerned with what brand name clothes their child is wearing than with the child itself. I have had many mothers who breast feed, One just finished in May, another just finished on the 28th of October, I also have 2 more parents who are expecting and have asked if I will accomodate their BFing. I am more than happy to help them in anyway I possibly can!! There are daycare providers out there who are willing to work with parents on this, it does sound like the daycare mom that you use to go to was willing to accomodate you up until just recently. What I find odd is that she would want you out when you have such little time left there. I remember you mentioning that she had offerred another room for you to use, that she had contacted her licensing agent to find out how she could accomodate both you and the other families, and nothing seemed to 'fit'. Was the other room not acceptable to you, I ask because if you were happy with her care, and not wanting to switch until your original departure time why not use another room where the other children couldnt see what was going on. Maybe I am being naive, but it seems like a great compromise. I know that many dont want to "have" to use different rooms because that gives the impression that what they are doing is wrong. Breast feeding is not wrong, but does it make some ppl uncomfortable, unfortunately yes. What about other reasons this has become an issue: I know what it is like at the end of the day, there is so much yet to do after all the daycare kids leave, theres the cleaning up, the paperwork, the preparations for the next day, plus getting supper ready for my own family and doing any family functions like church school or homework that need to be done. My days start at 5:45 and usually dont end until well after 10:30 each night. Is it possible that she was just trying to get you to leave right away at pickup time, not necessarily trying to get you leave her daycare completely? Maybe she felt that since the boy was 15 months old he would be able to make it until you got home to BF. Sadly, there are many options why this became and issue all of a sudden. Perhaps with knowing that you were leaving she found a family to replace you but they needed to start immediately and she felt she needed to take them now or lose them completely. I hope this isnt true,but maybe there were some families who really thought their child seeing another child being breast fed was not how they wanted their child exposed to this, maybe some of the kids were asking to many questions and the parent were becoming uncomfortable about this and did put the provider on the spot. You hate to think that could happen, but sadly it does. Unfortunately, this provider may have looked at everything and thought "while I completely accept and believe in what YOU are doing, I cannot financially afford to lose all these other families, I need to be able to support my family." This may very simply come down to a financial decision. (daycare is a feast of famine type of job, you can go through periods of time where ppl are knocking down your door to get admitted into your program and then there are times where you can go for months with an open spot and not even get a call, this is very hard on anyones budget). I hope that you have been able to find a new daycare where things will work better for you.

Its never easy trying to find daycare, you are dealing with your most prized possession. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 PM

Quote:
BREAST MILK GUIDELINES
Only bottles containing formula may be brought to the Nursery. A volunteer can not accept bottles containing breast milk, which is considered a bodily fluid.

A beautiful nursing mother’s room with audio/visual feed of each service is available to all nursing mothers.

http://www.northridgechurch.com/kids...erPolicies.asp

They have a pile of free formula, and recommend it to new moms as safer.
Do they also have a convient trashcan? :
Old 11-09-2005, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I wonder if I'm wrong in beliving it is OK to nurse my 15 mo old in public.
Absolutely NOT!!!!

Don't let others' ignorance make your life decisions for you.

"What will you do once you know?"
Old 11-09-2005, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2maya
Does the daycare get any federal money? i.e. food programs etc.
If so, they may have to comply with the federal law protecing a woman's right to bf her child anywhere they have a right to be.

Kathy
What federal law? There is no federal law, only SOME state laws.

Sorry to be a downer.
This is why we need federal level legislation, in Arizona we are currently taking a city by city approach, I hope that when we get critical mass to get statewide legislation.

Ruth
Old 11-09-2005, 02:24 AM

From what you have expressed, I too believe it was the dc provider that used this 'excuse' to kick you out. She doesn't want you there any longer than she has to so you do not talk to the other parents and find out she was lying. The spreading the legs comment was a dead giveaway. She should have been honest about why she was letting you go (if this truly was the reason, or if she found someone to take the space sooner).

I am a childcare provider & teacher, who also is breastfeeding, only my son is almost 3 yrs old. For me it would be a non-issue. If you were staying late after the closing time to BF your son, I would ask if you could come earlier to finish up by the time we close. That is all. I believe every mother that is able should bf their child, if they want to.

Good luck at the new Montessori school, I am sure Gabe will LOVE it .
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santanafan
You know I'm reading this as a childcare provider. I'm getting county certified in Ohio now because my zoning was recently approved though after yrs. of fighting.
I think this is an excellent thing to bring up to my certication inspector.
Personally I have no problem w/ mothers breastfeeding in my daycare setting whether it's covered, or not. I don't agree w/ toddlers being breastfed, but if moms wanted to do this in our presence it's a fact of life & I'm good w/ it.

But, I also can see that daycare homes are in homes & when you are in someone's home you need to respect what they feel comfortable with. Like when I'm at my mother in laws I have to take off my shoes, not smoke & I'm certain they'd be uncomfortable w/ breastfeeding. But i know you paid this person so you feel you have some say so.

If other parents had issues w/ you doing this then I have to say in her case majority rules. If I had decied between protecting a daycare mommy rights to breastfed her toddler compared to losing 3/4's my income I'd have to choose feeding my family. As much as my heart is w/ the breastfeeding mom my obligation is to my family & to fed them.
Definitly take this up with your inspector. Ohio passed a law that went into effect in Sept. protecting a mother's right to breastfeed her child.

SB 41 - Sec. 3781.55. "A mother is entitled to breast-feed her baby in any location of a place of public accommodation wherein the mother otherwise is permitted."

A bill is in process right now supporting a womans right to BF and pump for her child in the workplace in Ohio as well.

Since you are getting certified with the State you will most likely be obligated to follow state rules, in this instance, I am not sure you would have the choice to side with where the money is versus a breastfeedings moms rights to nurse her own child.

My take on this situation with the OP: the childcare mom had alternative motives. She was obviously supportive of breastfeeding up to a point. It seems silly that she made this an issue 1 month before the child would no longer be in her care. Maybe she was at her max capacity and had another child in the wings she wanted to get in there?

Quote:
At this point I still just want to cry... I wonder if I'm wrong in beliving it is OK to nurse my 15 mo old in public. I nursed my dd for 18 mo and my son for 15 mo so far. ...*snip*
Am I always going to be looking over my shoulder from now on? Maybe it'll come with time...
Breastfeeding is a fact of life, and it is a natural one. No matter what anyone's personal opinions are on it, or for how long you do it it's your choice to do it or not. Anyone passing judgment should turn that judgement back on themselves and figure out why it matters to them what you or I do with regards to nursing. Please, please, please do not let this or anyone's comments discourage you from nursing your child for as long as you and he want to do it! It's ignorance and judgement that people are throwing at you, that's it.

I've had comments on nursing my children, only from people I know and never from strangers (I would have enjoyed the intelligent, respectful and educational discussion that would have come from it though). I nursed my eldest till she self weaned at 4, through a pregnancy. I was out in public places nursing my 3 year old while 9 months pregnant (difficult to do discreetly, especially in response to her getting hurt and drawing lots of attention). I never had anyone say anything, and there were no laws here protecting my right. Please do what feels right to you, and know that you are not alone. People may comment, people may look, but their issues should not take away from the gift you are giving to your child. Never.

We are never judged more then as parents. Try not to let that judgement effect your parenting. We all make choices that are right for us, as individuals, and we should all be treated with respect. Those who can't see that, well, that's just ignorance.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthr
What federal law? There is no federal law, only SOME state laws.
Ruth
There is a federal law! According to the LLL website:
Quote:
In 1999, a federal law was enacted that ensures a woman's right to breastfeed her child anywhere on federal property that she has a right to be with her child.
I don't think this extends to protection if an institution receives federal money, however.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 11-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Don't have time to wade through all the posts, but could you ask your daycare provider to arrange a meeting with the parents who complained and you (maybe without the kids) and just ask them very honestly, why they have such a problem with it.

I think at that point, they might just be embarrassed enough to back off. (I think it's telling that no one had the guts to talk to you themselves.)
Old 11-10-2005, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

We've been offically kicked out. Our dcp refused to tell who complained and would get up set if it was spoken about in front of other parents or the staff. Personally, I didn't care...

My son is now at a different home day care until Thanksgiving, afterwhich he will be starting at Montessori one month earlier than planned.

I've recovered a bit and my son is ok. The key now is to prevent this from happening to someone else. It's not right and could be enough to discourage a mom from bfing (just like being harrassed at work). I think working mothers are considered "high risk" for not bfing due to these challenges (don't think anyone ever expected a day care issue).

Later...
Old 11-10-2005, 06:41 PM

Quote:
We've been offically kicked out. Our dcp refused to tell who complained and would get up set if it was spoken about in front of other parents or the staff. Personally, I didn't care...

My son is now at a different home day care until Thanksgiving, afterwhich he will be starting at Montessori one month earlier than planned.

I've recovered a bit and my son is ok. The key now is to prevent this from happening to someone else. It's not right and could be enough to discourage a mom from bfing (just like being harrassed at work). I think working mothers are considered "high risk" for not bfing due to these challenges (don't think anyone ever expected a day care issue).

Later...
What was the official reason as stated in the file?

Kirsten - wife to Mark and co-sleeping, breastfeeding mother to , :, and
Photography, including Breastfeeding Photography, in my Homepage.

User Tag List