Mothering Forum banner

Help me with my Paper?

505 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  natashaccat 
#1 ·
Hello Mamas...I am a nursing mother of a 22 month old dd...I am also a single mom and a graduate student. I have been trying to find ways to combine my natural mothering goals with my activist goals in pursuing my degree. I am currently writing a paper reviewing the workplace accomadation (or lack thereof) for breastfeeding mothers. One point I am trying to make is that even where employers are accomadating, women are often forced to express milk in the bathroom or other poor location. This is not an attempt to disregard the efforts of employers who do try to accomadate, but instead to point out the gap between such efforts and the reality of breastfeeding moms. I was wondering if any of you could share any information about where you breastfeed OR express milk while working outside the home. Thanks for your help!!! Jodi

#2 ·
I pump inthe bathroom because there's no private offices in my work place and the bathroom is the only area with a locking door. There is a kitchen, but it has a huge picture window with no shade and the door doesn't lock.

#3 ·
Hygene issues aside...
I think that most folks don't realize that for may women getting a good milk output requires that they be comfortable and relaxed. Standing over a sink or stiing at a toilet with someone knocking at the door and/or wondering what that whirring sound in the cubby next to you really doesn't create an atmosphere for success.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.