Exclusive pumping support groups? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there is at least a Yahoo support group for exclusive pumpers. Does anyone have the name of it or a link to it? (searched but couldn't find it)

Any other support groups online out there?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I remember there being an EP board at another forum I used to belong to- but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of it here (nor do I have any idea how active that board currently is anyway.)

ETA: I'm doing a Yahoo groups search now and this is what I've come up with:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PumpMoms/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PumpMilkMommies/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EPers/

Why oh why did my search find 3 groups about pumping milk for babies and about a dozen groups about sex???

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#3 of 5 Old 05-01-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla
This is the one. Pumpmoms is good, but isn't just exclusive pumpers. I was there for a while, but decided I needed to just be around epers, and not moms pumping for work, etc.

Quote:
Why oh why did my search find 3 groups about pumping milk for babies and about a dozen groups about sex???
Yeah, that really bugs me.
#4 of 5 Old 05-02-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas. I passed on the links to a local mom who is currently exclusive pumping for her 8 week old who hasn't latched on yet. I'm kind of at a loss given I don't know many of the details surrounding the circumstances. It's sad that I'm up against a mob of moms who think switching to formula is perfectly fine Why don't more people realize that breastfeeding/breastmilk feeding is not an all or nothing propositiong?

Anyway, I'm off to lurk on the EPers group. I could learn a thing or two for sure about this since I've lately heard of a lot of local moms who have done this and eventually gave up entirely. Lack of support can really take a toll on a nursing relationship.

Thanks again Ruthla and Carly.
#5 of 5 Old 05-02-2006, 03:14 PM

Boy, I wish I'd known about these groups when I was ep'ing.

I will also throw out there the eping group on iVillage. I was a regular on some other bfing boards there, and they were great. One of the bfing boards has an IBCLC. The mods were great too.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppexcluspump

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page