Onesie at Old Navy - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 48 Old 06-03-2006, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 06-03-2006, 03:35 PM

This one would be good if the cupcake was a boob (it actually kinda reminds me of one, lol)
#33 of 48 Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 PM

Off topic a bit, sorry, But I wonder if they realize that they misspelled POTATOES on this shirt (how would that even get past designers and execs???)???
#34 of 48 Old 06-03-2006, 06:45 PM

I guess it would help if I posted the link! http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=381149012
#35 of 48 Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidity
Off topic a bit, sorry, But I wonder if they realize that they misspelled POTATOES on this shirt (how would that even get past designers and execs???)???
Perhaps if you don't eat your potatoes, spinach and carrots, you'll end up spelling like them! Another great message to bring to the masses I'd say! Their print designs are messed up!
#36 of 48 Old 06-04-2006, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siana
Perhaps if you don't eat your potatoes, spinach and carrots, you'll end up spelling like them! Another great message to bring to the masses I'd say! Their print designs are messed up!
Just goes to show you what happens when you don't drink your breast milk
#37 of 48 Old 06-04-2006, 02:29 AM

:
#38 of 48 Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn
People know that getting their tummies filled makes babies happy. There are those that think noone breastfeeds anymore and don't even give it a thought. So if eating=happy, and bottle=eating, then bottles=happiness. We still need to get the word out: breastmilk is the standard of nutrition and nursing is a baby's birthright!
I have to agree on the thought that alot of people think no one breastfeeds anymore. I was helping a friend move and her dads partner and me were talking and he heard one of the boys fuss and I came back with him latched on and he actually said to me "you breastfeed? I thought that was like a 40's thing and no one did it anymore" and he was serious!!!

The "Mother Sucker" Shirts I had made are actually Old Navy Long Sleeved Onsies....maybe I should show them to someone at the company....lol
#39 of 48 Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 PM

THEY GOT RID OF IT! YAY! And people say lactivism doesn't work! (I called tonight to give a complaint about the veggies and cupcake onesies because they advocate poor eating habits.
#40 of 48 Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeysMama
All I want to do is try to make Old Navy and similar companies aware of the messages they are sending. I'm not going to "pretent it's filled with breastmilk and get on with life," because that sort of attitude is exactly why formula companies have been so successful - because people were not willing to speak up. I know I can't change the world on my own, but I'm going to do my part.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#41 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 AM

Ugh. My dh's family bought this for us.
Any suggestions on what I should do with it?
#42 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 12:57 AM

Draw a big red circle with a marked out sign over the bottle. And then draw two big breasts, and write: True happiness.

mv
#43 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Burn it.

Or return it for something that you might actually want to put on your kid.

I like the marker idea, too.

Or you could use it as a soaker, if you use cd.

Or a spit-up/burp rag, dust rag, etc.
#44 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 06:03 PM

I'll send a link to this thread to ProMom.org for their "3 Minute Activist" thing. They recently put up one for Target's "Formula For Success" outfit.

- E . Single mom to DS 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 E (15.12.05), 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 T (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD 

A (11.02.11) and 
 Hoppy

#45 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 06:12 PM

i just don't get it.. WHY OH WHY is it okay to make this hideously ugly shirts with bottles, promoting bottle feeding??
yet the simple wording of "breast is best" woudl be offensive.... even without the picutre of a breast.
i just shake my head. i really really do.

but don't even get me started on tergets stance on breastfeeding mothers....after my recent conversation with the manager there.. i won't ever return to the store.
so i guess now i have to wonder about old navy as well.
just great
#46 of 48 Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by con leche
Ugh. My dh's family bought this for us.
Any suggestions on what I should do with it?
: WHY!!!!

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#47 of 48 Old 06-09-2006, 12:44 AM

I just heard about this... when I go to the links and the Old Navy website I don't see any shirts with bottles. Can someone update the link or let me know if perhaps Old Navy pulled it from the website. Maybe they are waking up!
#48 of 48 Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me
THEY GOT RID OF IT! YAY! And people say lactivism doesn't work!

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page