How sad is this? I was actually happy to see a baby getting a bottle today... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Do you see people NIP around your town or city?
Yes, I see people NIP often - it's part of the culture. 67 22.87%
Occasionally but it's pretty rare. 166 56.66%
Never! Strictly a bottle-feeding culture around here. 60 20.48%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

First ... 2  3  4
Lactivism > How sad is this? I was actually happy to see a baby getting a bottle today...
Aura_Kitten's Avatar Aura_Kitten 03:15 AM 06-05-2006
the OP made me so sad.

i live in a very small, very rural community in the foothills, and i very rarely ever see anyone NIP..... i very rarely ever see ANY mamas out with their babies, at the park or store or library. most times, when we go out for a walk there aren't any other people on the sidewalks... when we go to the park we're usually the only ones there.

and when we DO see other mothers, they aren't NIP'ing. i have seen 2 other mamas NIP since my son was born (that is, since i've been in contact with the local mama scene in one way or other ) and i already knew both of them (and knew them to be pretty crunchy people).

i've seen LOTS of other parents bottlefeed though. pretty much every *baby* i've seen has a bottle with them... and i've seen lots of toddlers and young children with them too.

(i NIP at every opportunity just for this reason. i have gotten sooo many dirty looks, glares, stares, and little kid questions directed at me because of this. )

First ... 2  3  4

Up