Yay! Angelina Jolie is a nursing momma! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my People magazine today. Been aticipating it because it's the issue with her and the new baby (I'm a big AJ fan) Anyhow, there she is on the cover, in a white spaghetti strap tank top.....and a nursing bra!
I hope with the experience, she will be vocal about the benefits.
#2 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM

This doesn't suprise me she seemed the type.

Tiff
#3 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:23 PM

Glad it's working for her, with the c. My SIL had problems establishing supply after both her c-sections.

Nichole
wife to Sasha, mom to Marlena, nursed for 3.5 years, aunt to 3 adorable nephews
#4 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntNi
Glad it's working for her, with the c. My SIL had problems establishing supply after both her c-sections.
Eh, i had a section and Bf for three years. It seems to have a lot to do with evidence-based care while you're in the hospital.

Of course Angelina's BF! She's a badass AND a hottie! I would expect nothing else.

mama to Max (2/02) and Sophie (10/06); wife to my fabulous girl
#5 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:31 PM

She probably is, but nursing bra doesn't equal nursing - I wore them throughout pregnancy because I was buying my clothes at Motherhood anyway, and they fit me better than any other kind. I haven't breastfed in 6 months and I'm wearing one today, too.
#6 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntNi
I was never aware that c-sections could cause supply problems until I saw it mentioned here. I had a section, and it didn't affect my supply at all.
#7 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookel
She probably is, but nursing bra doesn't equal nursing - I wore them throughout pregnancy because I was buying my clothes at Motherhood anyway, and they fit me better than any other kind. I haven't breastfed in 6 months and I'm wearing one today, too.
I agree, but with her money she can buy whatever bra she wants. I would be realy surprised if she was wearing a nursing bra and not nursing.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#8 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 07:00 PM

I was born via c-section and they gave me a bottle of sugar water in the hospital and I nursed for 3 years. Mom says that the support *after* I was back with her was terrific.

So, kudos to Angelina, and kudos to whomever helped her out (if she needed help)
#9 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie
I was never aware that c-sections could cause supply problems until I saw it mentioned here. I had a section, and it didn't affect my supply at all.
I don't know that much about it, or what % of moms with c-sections have supply problems. Really the only experience I have with it was my SIL, who was VERY determined to nurse, had lots of family support, and still had supply problems after her planned c's. However, I know she's the type of person who never asks for help, so she never saw an LC or LLL - just read a lot.

Nichole
wife to Sasha, mom to Marlena, nursed for 3.5 years, aunt to 3 adorable nephews
#10 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 08:30 PM

I hope she nurses and I hope she nurses in public frequently. Maybe this will help people accept that NIP is not some bizarre act of indecency!
#11 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Maybe this will help people accept that NIP is not some bizarre act of indecency!
Maybe, but I doubt it. She is "bizarre act of indecency" incarnate, isn't she?
#12 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I got my People magazine today. Been aticipating it because it's the issue with her and the new baby (I'm a big AJ fan) Anyhow, there she is on the cover, in a white spaghetti strap tank top.....and a nursing bra!
I hope with the experience, she will be vocal about the benefits.
I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought the same thing when I saw that picture!
#13 of 19 Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 PM

The photos from the press conference (where she's engorged but still looking deleriously happy - I was a growling sack of misery when I was engorged) also show her wearing a nursing bra (it's black).
#14 of 19 Old 06-10-2006, 05:29 AM

Angelina Jolie is my hero. Very glad to hear this.
#15 of 19 Old 06-10-2006, 07:31 AM

#1 : so sorry but i thought she was planning a birth in a center in a different country or something like that...was that not her? or did something happen? - i dont stay to knowledgable about hollywood stuff....just not really my thing i guess...but i am really excited to hear that she is nursing...that makes me really proud. Anyway, i had a c/s and i think mostly it was a lot of stress...we planned a homebirth, and things became complicated so we transported to the hospital. This being said, i did have problems having my milk come in (when everyone wanted it to: ) so that on top of everything, i think more than the c/s effecting my milk supply i think it was more like stress. i am a first time mom so maybe that has something to do with it, but it took 7 days for my milk to really come in....oh- by the way- we also had just been emergency flown to a different hospital because we found out my son had a heart defect and needed open heart surgery...so there was a lot playing into this "low milk supply" thing - i am really excited for Angelina though- hope her milk is fine
#16 of 19 Old 06-11-2006, 07:11 PM

This is just the beginning!

You know she will draw plenty of attention to bf'ing
#17 of 19 Old 06-11-2006, 07:19 PM

alphaomega, apparently she wasn't planning a c/s but the baby was a double footling breech.
#18 of 19 Old 06-11-2006, 07:58 PM

When I grow up, I wanna be her... saving the world with my babies by my side... wow! She had a c/s? I'm SO out of it!

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#19 of 19 Old 06-11-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Women that have c/s CAN breastfeed, so you are right. c/s's can cause some issues but all of them can be resolved. IMO it's more a thing of keeping the baby close to the mom, after the surgery. I had a c/s and didn't see my dd for 24 hours, and still was able to succesfully nurse her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page