The Sims 2 *hack found* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone noticed that when you have a baby on the Sims 2, you can only feed them a bottle? Wouldn't it be awesome if they had a breastfeeding option?
#2 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM

YES. and it really pisses me off.

they can have sex in the jacuzzi but not bf? please. the only problem would be that it's hard for just the mom to be able to feed the baby. So I always thought they should either a) make the babies hungry less often so the moms can bf or b) have any other women in the house, and the even the men be able to bf also that's the way nature shoulda done it

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#3 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276
YES. and it really pisses me off.

they can have sex in the jacuzzi but not bf? please. the only problem would be that it's hard for just the mom to be able to feed the baby. So I always thought they should either a) make the babies hungry less often so the moms can bf or b) have any other women in the house, and the even the men be able to bf also that's the way nature shoulda done it
: I think it could be something like only mom can breastfeed, but everyone else can give bottles. Or maybe even make a breastpump for mom to use and leave bottles where there's an option in the fridge feed baby bottle - "feed baby pumped milk" or "feed baby bottle"
#4 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

There's an invisible baby bottle hack I just found
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthrea...ght=breastfeed

Something I just thought of though, it's cool that all the Sims have homebirths!
#5 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 03:34 PM

I noticed that too (although The Sims is running SO slow on my computer right now that I hardly bother to play it!) but with all the weird crap you can do on there (like get crushed by a sattelite, abducted by aliens, become obsessed with grilled cheese, etc) youd think you'd be able to breastfeed your baby!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#6 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

I just found a hack for something that's "close enough" to nursing <insert eye roll>
#7 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me
Something I just thought of though, it's cool that all the Sims have homebirths!
Yeah, I wonder if they'll go into more detail if they come out with a Sims 3 in the future. (cuz ya know, on TS1 you got a baby by kissing, and it just appeared there!) I think it's funny cuz they just grab their bellies and moan, then the baby's in their arms all cooing and stuff, lol! They never do have to lose that pregnancy weight!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#8 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierpsych
Yeah, I wonder if they'll go into more detail if they come out with a Sims 3 in the future. (cuz ya know, on TS1 you got a baby by kissing, and it just appeared there!) I think it's funny cuz they just grab their bellies and moan, then the baby's in their arms all cooing and stuff, lol! They never do have to lose that pregnancy weight!
I know, I hate those
#9 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 06:45 PM

I always figured they just didn't want to bother with the animation ...

But did you know that, at least in original Sims, you can homeschool? All you have to do is make your kids miss the bus every day and tell them to study, and the extra studying makes up for the lost grades from missing school.
#10 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 11:20 PM

I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff (and plays Sims...)
#11 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 PM

True, but I think all the babies are born at home... isn't that so?

They should add breastfeeding.

Anyone savvy enough to create a patch?
#12 of 13 Old 06-29-2006, 11:23 PM

I don't play sims but my daughter does . She sets the dads on fire to collect the life insurance!!
#13 of 13 Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=8084

It works pretty well, the only problem is the mom's comfort goes down when she does it, but she has to do it standing up only, so I can kind of understand that She rocks side to side while the baby's hunger and comfort go up. The chest is blurred, so it's quite possible that they just did the hack so holding the baby with a blurred chest will raise hunger.

That's funny meowee, I usually do intelligence aspirations, and try to have them saved from death, I think once it took me killing the kid 5 times to finally get him saved.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page