What do you think of this trend? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azedazobollis
I always wanted something to cobver my belly fat when I lifeted my shirt to nurse, I use the sling to wrap around my tummy- I never cared to hide my hooters- heck, the only time I have hooters is when I'm nursing!
OMG!!! I feel the same way - I'm way more shy about my belly than I am about my boobs. Make some sort of cellulite sling and I'm all over it!
#272 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 09:39 AM

:

Same here!! I thought I saw some sort of tummy covering a while back. Am I remembering correct?
#273 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 AM

Belly Huggers are awesome. And would be easy-peasy to make if you know a sewing machine from a toaster. (I don't.)

"If you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit."
#274 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 10:32 AM

nursing tanks work well for hiding the belly.

Sharon wife to my hero James and  momma to Kaitlyn 17, Tayler 15 and Anna 7.fur momma to Kami  pit/boxer mix.

#275 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 03:22 PM

Well I for one would LOVE to see some mamas nursing "indiscreetly"! I want to see some mamas with giant bazoombas "hanging out" the top of their tank or the bottom of their t-shirt. I want to see some mamas' babies or toddlers pull up their shirt on the side they are NOT nursing, exposing the other breast. And I want to see them SMILE while all of this is happening.

(Edited to add that I hope I'm not offending anyone with my use of stupid words like "bazoombas". I'm just being a little silly in response to some of the silliness I've seen in this thread.)

Why? Because I am a little shy about NIP and I never see anyone NIP where I live, so this would help me feel more confident. The only time I ever see anyone NIP is when I'm at an LLL meeting or out to lunch with friends from LLL. I don't feel ashamed of nursing my child and I don't think I should only do it if I happen to be sitting in a corner booth at a restaurant or if I can find an open dressing room at the mall. However, sometimes I just feel uncomfortable. I don't want to feel that way! I know better than to feel that way, but when you feel like you'll be the first person some people have ever seen NIP and you're a little shy to begin with, sometimes you just do feel that way. If I saw mamas nursing without shame, showing whatever felt good to them, then I would feel better!
#276 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 04:38 PM

Hathor the Cowgoddess has a new cartoon up about the Hooter Hider type nursing cover up:

http://thecowgoddess.com/

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#277 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 04:39 PM

oopsy

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#278 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting
Well I for one would LOVE to see some mamas nursing "indiscreetly"! I want to see some mamas with giant bazoombas "hanging out" the top of their tank or the bottom of their t-shirt. I want to see some mamas' babies or toddlers pull up their shirt on the side they are NOT nursing, exposing the other breast. And I want to see them SMILE while all of this is happening.
ROTFLMAO. Well come on over to my house anytime. We'll go out shopping and you'll get an eyeful! Nothing like walking into a store to convince my dd that it's TIME TO NURSE!!!!

-Angela
#279 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum
I don't like the fact that they are marketed etc.....but some women simply do feel more confident with one. I would never use one because they do scream IM NURSING!
This is how I feel
#280 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice
Hathor the Cowgoddess has a new cartoon up about the Hooter Hider type nursing cover up:

http://thecowgoddess.com/
I love this cartoon! But I love her work in general. :
#281 of 281 Old 08-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Umm, those are supposed to be stylish?
I had something similar that a friend made me that I used for a few months, and it did make me feel very comfortable NIP until my baby was old enough to push it off. Then I had to get over my shyness and let him nurse without it. Now we nurse all over, with nothing, and no problems. Anyone who looks too long usually gets my stare right back, and they go away.

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page