The CBS Early Show Friday Morning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually watch Good Morning America so I'll have to remember to watch CBS tomorrow morning. They are doing a segment on the benefits of breastfeeding and what is being made to make it easier for women in America. Hopefully it will be good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

geesh! I know I saw a commercial for BF'ing...maybe it's next Friday...or maybe it's on the Saturday or Sunday Early Show. I don't know.
#3 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It was this morning, on CBS Morning Show. I watched it. They did a good job as far as they went, which was only to state that moms should breastfeed and do so exclusively for 6 months, continue to at least a year with supplemental foods.

They did interview a couple of moms whose employers are supportive and provide a place for pumping. The refrigerator was pointed out. But no acual helpful information for how to ask an employer how to do this, nothing really directed at employers on how to do this.

I didn't notice any "this is best, BUT..." Also, for once the blame for our low breastfeeding rates was squarely placed on unsupportive family and society rather than all the individual moms.

"What will you do once you know?"
#4 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiri

I didn't notice any "this is best, BUT..." Also, for once the blame for our low breastfeeding rates was squarely placed on unsupportive family and society rather than all the individual moms.
Rates of women who start/attempt/ever breastfeed at all are up in many places, but drop so drastically after even the first week. I think the message is out that breastfeeding is "ideal," but it's not normal yet.
#5 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

How did I miss it? Geesh!!! I watched the show. I did take a small break to get the kids' cereal, but I thought I was doing that during our local news break. :
#6 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Maybe the news break went "over"?
#7 of 7 Old 08-18-2006, 07:07 PM

I watched it this morning, just happened to get up with dh when he was getting ready for work. I thought they did a pretty good job. I also thought it was awesome that they showed mama's breastfeeding. Especially after the whole Baby Talk story a couple of weeks ago. And, the little nurser they closed the story with looked well over a year old.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page