OH... The good old days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2003, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I have been here before, pissing and moaning about my coworkers and their weird anti nursing comments (I am a nurse FYI) So again I was in the ER and the fact that I am "still" nursing came up. (I had to pump) Which brought about a wonderful conversation on when you should feed kids solid food. Almost all of them said at at least 2 months if not sooner. I was agast. I mean if you don't wish to nurse FINE but you don't feed babies at 2 months... AGH!!!
One guy had a premie and they feed her regual baby food a 2 weeks! So she would sleep at night. Are these people insane??? And these are medical people!
You know what they need in nursing schools and medical schools... proper infant nutrition classes! It is terifying to know this is what is out there!

On a good not a fellow co work is still nursing her baby at 9 months. (The only one!) verytime I see here I compliment her on it. She says she will stop at a year... I have time to work on her!

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2003, 03:15 PM

That is insane! It's very scary that they are in the medical profession!!
Old 04-03-2003, 04:07 PM

Horrifying! Reminds me why I almost never go to the dr. Nor do I take my kids. (Well, I do go to a homeopath, the dentist, and a shrink! Probably wouldn't need any of them as much either if I'd have been bfed for more than 3 mos! :LOL)

User Tag List