The "Nursing Room" at TRU - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2006, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter
J2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is a bathroom stall! Inside the handicap bathroom stall was a rocking chair next a big trash can next to the toilet! Ew!

Then there is the argument about who would want to eat their food in a bathroom. But come on...Who wants to touch the nasty bathroom stall door then touch her nipple and baby's mouth afterward?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yuck. Good thing they can't compell you to use it.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-22-2006, 01:03 AM

umm yeah..

sit down in one of the nice rockers in BRU or TRU for sale, and when the ask you to go to the nursing "room", tell them to take THEIR lunch in there and eat it in the freaking bathroom next to a trash can full of crappy diapers!!:
Old 10-22-2006, 01:11 AM

What are these people thinking? Why can't nursing rooms be designed by people who have actually nursed a baby?

BTW, what is TRU? BRU?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 AM

toys r us

babies r us
Old 10-22-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
toys r us

babies r us
Duh. I knew that!

Well, today's was Cole's bday party, so my brain is probably still acting weird from all the sugar...
Old 10-22-2006, 01:20 AM

My local BRU has a fairly nice room from what I remember. (I was uncomfortable NIP 5 years ago with DD) but I haven't looked at TRU... I'm going to have to make a trip out there.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:54 AM

At our BRU the room was setup really nicely then they actually let the public use it and now it's a horrible stinky mess. Which is too bad b/c DS liked looking at the art on the walls and it has a nice couch, but the smell is a killer.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
Old 10-22-2006, 02:31 AM

Eww! Ditto the above... good thing you don't HAVE to use it! :-)
Old 10-22-2006, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
At our BRU the room was setup really nicely then they actually let the public use it and now it's a horrible stinky mess. Which is too bad b/c DS liked looking at the art on the walls and it has a nice couch, but the smell is a killer.
Same here, which is too bad since sometimes DS is far too distractible to nurse a decent meal in public.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 10-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
umm yeah..

sit down in one of the nice rockers in BRU or TRU for sale, and when the ask you to go to the nursing "room", tell them to take THEIR lunch in there and eat it in the freaking bathroom next to a trash can full of crappy diapers!!:
That is a good one!! I wonder why they don't have something nicer? The TRU and BRU's I've been to have nice nursing rooms. Quiet and clean. Much nicer than nursing on the sales floor, although I would do that if they did not have the rooms.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
J2

I know that the BRU down the road has a nursing room. It's okay. But it's REALLY small. If you happened to have a stroller, I don't think you would be able to bring it in with you its that small. I used it once when DS woke up right at the end of our shopping trip, otherwise I would have just nursed him while I shopped. It was better than being outside or in my car in the hot FL heat. But no, I would NEVER use the "nursing room" in the bathroom stall! And I wouldn't let TRU or BRU make me go to a nursing room, even if it was a nice one.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

You know, I think when my time comes (baby being distractable soregular NIP is not an option), I'm just going to find an out-of the way corner amongst some ugly clothes in a big dept store, or drapes or whatever at whatever store, and sit on the floor, b.c these rooms sound ridiculous!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:29 PM

Not to mention, can you imagine how much it would suck for a person using a wheelchair to end up having to wait 20+ minutes as someone nurses a distractible baby while trying to avoid touching or having the baby touch anything? And then that stall would smell like dirty diaper too. Bleah....
Old 10-23-2006, 05:10 AM

I wonder - that may be against some kind of Federal Code regarding Americans with Disabilities Act. Hmmm? I don't think they can do that...I've researched the law too, because we're putting new bathrooms in a building we own and we wanted them up to Federal code, not just local (which seems weird there would be two, but in that town, there are...go figure).

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
Old 10-23-2006, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
J2

That's a good point. I wonder if a person in a wheel chair can even fit into that stall now, since there is a rocking chair, big trash can, toilet of course, and even a baby changing station - like a nicer wood one that is always set up, not one that folds down from the wall. So it would be VERY hard for a wheelchair to be maneuvered in there. Hmm...

User Tag List