What do you call your breasts to your nursling? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering what you other moms call yours.
Mine are boobies, nursies, or milkies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 01:24 PM

Ds coined the phrase when he was first learning to talk. DH and I always called them Beamers (BM standing for breast milk) and he couldn't say B's. Now he calls all nipples meemo and insists Papa has meemos too! Silly boy! I assume DD (2 months) will call them the same since it has become the family lingo.
#3 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 01:42 PM

I say breasts, nipples, or nursers, they (my two nurslings) always say nursers. For anyone's nipples or breasts.

#4 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 02:13 PM

breasts, boobs and nipples (DD can now say nipple, and is interested in finding EVERYONE'S nipples )
#5 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 02:22 PM

Over the years we have called them milkies, booie, nursy, and bee. My now-weaned 3yo still calls them bees ("mama I have little bees, you have big bees" ). *sigh*, I miss it sometimes.

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#6 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 03:26 PM

my kiddos call them my hoo hoo's
my nursling pats my shirt and says...hoo hoos?

#7 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 03:44 PM

i call it 'milk cuddles', or 'milky cuddles'

she's 6 months, so doesnt say it yet, but she knows what it means.
that way when she weans she can still have 'cuddles' ...but who knows when that will be.

:sinister :sinister :sinister :sinister
#8 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 03:55 PM

My ds came up with "nurkies."

When he wanted to nurse the other side, he would say "nurkie other side." Now he shortens it to "nurkie side."

He's a cutie!

~Laura
Happy Mama to Daniel (born: 1/17/2001)
#9 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 05:08 PM

My family says "nummies" but dd has been saying "meemees"

When she wants to switch she says "done!"

Not all those who wander are lost 
#10 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I call my breasts "breasts". She hasn't used that word yet though. (I think the 'sts' makes it hard to say for new talkers.)We call nursing 'mama milk' as in "I want to have mama milk." (She also has cows milk in a cup sometimes.) We actually had a long talk in the car last night about who has milk and who doesn't. I think she believes all women have milk and possibly some men too... but not her Papa. She has noticed that many people have nipples which is an observation she occasionally makes loudly in public places.
#11 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Nothing original....either breast, nipple or milk. The right one is "other side"
#12 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 10:33 PM

My six year old asks the baby if she wants milkies. He actually referred to it as his neeny when he was nursing. I guess I still kind of call it neeny.
My mother is always asking the baby if she wants some titty:Puke
that is almost as bad as referring to your vagina as a c%$nt
Janie
I really like that emoticon
#13 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 11:04 PM

We call both nursing and breasts "lo-lo" or "lo-lo's," from the French baby word for "milk." The other side is "udder side" or "udder lolo."

I often wonder what on earth people imagine DD is saying when we're in a store and she begins singing, hooting or howling for "lolo"! ag
#14 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 11:11 PM

Nursies here. DD is weaned, but nursies they were and will always be. She would just say "I want to nurse." Before that it was "other" as in, other side.

DS still, at 19 months, just grunts

kay

#15 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 11:27 PM

for us, breasts are bubs, nipples are ninnies, and to nurse is num-num's.
Sounds pretty silly to actually write itag !
#16 of 37 Old 04-18-2003, 11:56 PM

Dh called them boobs way before Shea was talking. Then one day out of the blue he called it "Mama boo". So, it became Mama Boo. And now that he can count he says "1, 2, Mama, Boo".

: At least he doesn't put the B on the end yet. I always knew I was a Boob.
#17 of 37 Old 04-19-2003, 04:11 AM

mimis. I was calling nursing milky and she started saying "Mi Mi!" when she was hungry. So now we call the act and the breasts mimis

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#18 of 37 Old 04-19-2003, 05:24 PM

DD #1 called them "ninny". This referred to the milk and my breasts. She still calls breasts ninnies, but she knows the baby is nursing and getting breastmilk. She likes to tell everyone that her sister gets breastmilk. My little advocate!She is a little confused, though. DH's nipples for some reason his are "hot dogs" : Go figure. She says "Daddy, your ninnies look like hot dogs." Um, not really...
DD #2 isn't really talking a lot yet, but she signs Milk (opening and closing hand) and makes a sound that's kind of like "mik, mik".

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#19 of 37 Old 04-19-2003, 10:49 PM

My dd calls it "Boo". We started with "na-nas" but then she discovered bananas so she was confused.

Just yesterday she was laying in my lap nursing with her feet proped up on my computer desk...she was really enjoying herself. I looked at her and told her she was a "boo-aholic" and she needed a 12 step program. She unlatched and grined and looked up at me and said "nnoooo" in her little munchkin voice. It was soooo cute. She just cracks me up!
#20 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i meant to end up calling them "nurses" to ds, but i guess i messed up: dh and i have jokingly called it "Boob" between us since Tristan was born, thinking that it would be awhile before ds needed to learn a name. Just last week Tristan pointed at my boobs and said "Boob!" now he says Boob whenever they're exposed!

Oh, well...

I'll be that woman in the market line blushing when my toddler son exclaims, "Mamma, i want some Boob!!"

tabitha & tristan

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of five: ds (13) dd (11) ds (9) ds (7) and dd (2) Find me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#21 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 12:33 AM

Ds has always called nursing "shirt" as he is lifting mine up. Now he specifies where he would like shirt (I want shirt on the swing, or the couch, etc.) when questioned, he does know nipple. When he wants to switch to the other side, he says switcharooski!

Jerri
#22 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 02:30 AM

We use ninnie. That is what my mother and grand mother use to call them. Sometimes I call them boobie snacks. I got that from an online mama. Thaught it was funny.:LOL
#23 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 02:37 AM

Sorry lovingmomto3, we say "titty" It just kinda happened

When she "snacks," and you ask her something, she'll say "I can't talk with a nipple in my mouth!" :LOL
#24 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 04:00 AM

We say Mama Milk and have been signing "Milk" for a while.

I have a friend that calls it "Boobie Juice."
#25 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 04:23 AM

I love this thread. Well, it all started when ds (now age 14) called them "Breast Feeder's". Then dd (now age 9) called them "di dide", and "da dide", short for this side and that side. Then that kind of evolved to "Udder dide". As in, "I want that Udder dide", which translated is "other side". She would tell me how many "sides" she wanted. That is actually how she learned to count to ten! She would count back and forth on each of my breasts at age two. Soon after she learned to count to twenty. If we were out and someone asked her to count, it would be time to pass her to Daddy because she didn't use her fingers, lets put it that way. Around that time dd met Miss Montana in person, up close. Miss Montana was wearing a gorgeous beaded pageant gown revealing ample cleaveage. You can pretty much guess what happened. She reached down in there and grabbed Miss Montana's boob. Maybe she was going to count, I don't know. I wasn't there, but I hear the look on Miss Montana's face was worth a million dollars.

One time we had a guest at our home who I would be uncomfortable nursing in front of. dd put her hands on both sides of my face and looked in my eyes and shouted "I wa udder dides Ma" "I wa Udder dides RIGHT NOW" I smoothly said "You can't go outside right now honey, it is too cold out there"... She looked at me kind of confused, and went to play. Whew, was I glad she didn't pull my shirt up and grab. The guest left soon after and I told her Thank you so much for waiting!!

My ds (now age 7) took off from the "other sides" with his own offshoot and called them "sidee's". This name stuck, and now the other two dd's (4 and 2) call them "sidee's" The way that is pronounced is the e saying its name "Sid-EE's". They say "I want sidee's" when they want to nurse, but when they want to switch sides they say they want "the other sidee".
#26 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 11:53 AM

I have always called them breasts or boobs. I say, "Is it time for a boob?" or "Do you want a boob?"

I thought about trying to call them nummies, but a FF friend calls her bottle and her kids formula Nummy, so I nixed that. I don't want him to think they are the same.

So... Boob it shall be!
#27 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 12:05 PM

"Breasts."
#28 of 37 Old 04-20-2003, 07:16 PM

LOL. This thread is a total crack up!

We call them nursies
#29 of 37 Old 04-25-2003, 01:56 AM

I don't know the spelling but we call it nonnies, rhymes with bonnies. I thought it uncommon until I heard Fraiser on Cheers say something about a woman having nice nonnies! Oh, well.

Ds started saying pink nonnies and big pink nonnies. And once he yelled out "mommy, I want your big pink nonnies right now!" and we were in the check out line. Well, my nonnies weren't the only things that were pink!

He also says "udder one" when he wants to switch or "nonnie switch".

Another funny thing he does is he wiggles his nose on my nipple and says "noonie noonie noonie you cute little nonnie". He's four BTW.

He also likes to honk them, we started honking noses and he decided to honk my nonnie. Well, we laughed so hard that he thought it was very funny. So, periodically, he tries to get a laugh that way. I, prefer, not:

I have to say that as he gets older, it is so funny and interesting to hear him talk about nursing. He tells me that my milk is his favorite and he never wants to stop. I know that someday he will and will probably be totally embarrased to hear any of these stories. Oh well, he will appreciate them when he has a baby!!!
#30 of 37 Old 04-25-2003, 05:06 AM

We stole friendlymama's term for nursing w/ her Myleigh, Bo Bo. SHe pats her chest and says. "Bo bo Myleigh?" So I needed a name she could say while young and a sign, so we stole it and she knows it now. SO the boobs have become the Bo Bos. Bo Bo :LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page