bionic breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-31-2007, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i saw Lindsay Wagner on a commercial recently and it made me think of her bionic woman days. I was such a huge fan of her's in the 70's when i was in elementary. I loved her farmhouse.
Anyways, when i see her now i remember vaguely the controversy of her breastfeeding her baby on the set. I remember thinking how cool that she brought her baby with her to work, and then i remember thinking it was wrong that her bosses fussed over her nursing on the set. I was too young to really understand, but apparently old enough that it made some kind of impression. I think in the end she was able to breastfeed on the set, i'm not sure.
So i googled to find out more about this. Couldn't find what i was looking for. But i did see reference to a conversation back in 2005 that Lindsay shocked Oprah by stating she breastfed her son til he was 7 (at least i know how to pick my heroine's!). And there was another comment about Vanessa Williams shocking the View by telling them she breastfed her son til he was 2. So sad that these woman were put down for being such great mama's!
I wish i saw these shows, these celebrity mom's need to be applauded not booed.

If any body remembers this media stir in the late 70's please post. her bionic lactivism made quite an impact on me!
#2 of 4 Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Don't remember but loved her show, The Hulk and Superwoman. I just loved : the Superwoman character for years!

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#3 of 4 Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post
Don't remember but loved her show, The Hulk and Superwoman. I just loved : the Superwoman character for years!

Sus
Huh? When did that happen? I must've missed that show! Was it animated?
#4 of 4 Old 01-31-2007, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

well, not sure what i remember. lindsay wagner had her children in 82 and 86 and bionic woman was already off the air. so it couldn't have been that.
but it was some tv actress, or maybe it's happened more than once. i hate my memory at times: or lack of it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page