Mothering Forum banner

Is this lactivism?

887 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  velcromom 
#1 ·
I think I may have had my first big lactivist moment today! I was buying breast pads at Walmart with DD. The lady at the register said "How old is your youngest?" and I said "18 months -- this is my only child." I kind of knew what she was getting at... and then she said "Oh... so you are still doing the milk and food thing...?" and I said "Do you mean nursing? Yes, we are." and she said "Are you transitioning then?" and I said "No I'm not -- I'm going to keep nursing her until 2 probably.. maybe longer.. I don't know...we'll see."

She thought about it for a moment, and then said "Well, it is really good for the babies, isn't it..." and I said "Yes, it's very good for her."

I normally don't get an opportunity like that to actually discuss what I am doing and the merits of BFing. My lactivism usually consists of NIP and trying to help friends w/ any BFing issues they have.

So that was exciting!
Just wanted to share.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, the checkout stand is always a good opportunity to chat... and usually there's a teen bagger standing there listening too! Ds was about that age when I went in to buy prenatal vitamins which I was still taking, and when the checker asked if I was pg (nope, just nursing) we got into a fun little conversation about nursing older babies with teeth, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.