Letter writing to formula company and where else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave birth in January and not long afterwards a big box of formula samples arrived in the mail. I didn't open it or refuse it because I was thinking about how to best approach it (donate it to a food bank so it wouldn't be wasted conflicting with my distaste regarding formula and wanting to mark a big REFUSED on it). In the meantime more mail arrived -- some baloney 'breastfeeding' magazine by the makers of Enfamil, plus some coupons, etc.

I finally found the time to phone them and complain (I had to go through the automated system to speak to a 'nutritionist' on the phone!), and had my name removed. I asked them where they got my name from and the woman tried to convince me I had signed up to receive mailings from them. Eventually she admitted that they sometimes buy mailing lists and that she couldn't tell me where my address had come from, but that she could forward my request to an 'investigator' and send me the results in writing.

Well it arrived today. And they got my address from the photographer at the hospital. It was only the day after I gave birth, but I distinctly recall getting assurances from the photographer that my address wouldn't be sold or used for anything. So I'm intensely annoyed that the baby photographer (who was lousy anyway), the hospital, and who knows who else is sanctioning this. I'm a new mom and newly interested in lactivism. Other than writing to the formula company, the photographer, and the hospital, is there anywhere else I can copy a letter to? Anywhere that might matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
La Leche League, maybe?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

User Tag List