My Breastfeeding Cartoon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just made up my own breastfeeding cartoon, I hope you like it. I think it is hilarious! But my DH doesn't think I am all that funny, so I will let you be the judge. :

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...edingNanny.jpg

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#2 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM

I think I've gotten jaded though, I was totally expecting the woman with the "nanny" to go off about how the "nanny" had better milk.
#3 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM

I dunno, I personally don't like being compared to a cow, but hey, that is just me. I know, I know, it is just a joke
#4 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Heh heh. I kind of like it. Do we get to see what happens when the mom with the 'nanny' realizes her great alternative has her tied up in chores instead of going about unencumbered like her friend?
#5 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcromom View Post
Heh heh. I kind of like it. Do we get to see what happens when the mom with the 'nanny' realizes her great alternative has her tied up in chores instead of going about unencumbered like her friend?
He he he, yeah I will have to make another one where the blonde mom has to muck out the nanny's stall or follow behind her with a pooper scooper.

mytwogirls: I was not trying to compare women to cows, I was trying to show how silly it would look if we fed our babies cow milk from the tap as compared to how normal it is to drink mama's milk from the tap. It is supposed to make cows milk look like the weird abnormal one not the other way around, as many people seem to think the reverse is normal.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#6 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
I dunno, I personally don't like being compared to a cow, but hey, that is just me. I know, I know, it is just a joke
I didn't read it at ALL like a woman was being compared to a cow, but that it's silly how society views cows milk formula to be equal to human milk, and "superior" in convenience, when it isn't even close....
#7 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 PM

i think it is hilarious "she can handle up to 4" lol.

i laughed so hard i almost woke up the nak ing baby

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#8 of 16 Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does anybody know how to resize the image? It was big (and only the first square) when it started to load, and I read the first square, but I can't even read the text in the other 3 squares. Could you post the text here?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#9 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Does anybody know how to resize the image? It was big (and only the first square) when it started to load, and I read the first square, but I can't even read the text in the other 3 squares. Could you post the text here?
Square One: Don't you ever get tired of breast-feeding? I suer did, that's why I hired a nanny.

Square Two: Let me tell you having a nanny is the best! She does all the feedings and if we want to have more children she can handle up to four kids.

Square Three: I guess I am old-fashion but I like feeding Sara myself.

Square Four: If you change your mind let me know and I'll give you the number for my nanny service. It's time for the kids walk so I'll see you next week. Come on Bessie.

#10 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 AM

Gotcha! I get it now. Very cute. I do give my girls cow's milk (they are one and two !) : After a month nursing strike I finally waved the white flag. It was rough. Anyhoo, sorry, I hope I didn't offend you. I was tired and read too much into it or something. Hell after the day I had yesterday, I am amazed I can still read..
#11 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the giggle!!!! I enjoyed it!!!! I could totally see a live-in cow being an in vogue thing.
#12 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Gotcha! I get it now. Very cute. I do give my girls cow's milk (they are one and two !) : After a month nursing strike I finally waved the white flag. It was rough. Anyhoo, sorry, I hope I didn't offend you. I was tired and read too much into it or something. Hell after the day I had yesterday, I am amazed I can still read..
No offense taken, after all a picture says a thousand words and they are all different dependent on who is looking at it. I like getting other peoples perspectives even if it is different than what I intended. It helps me do better next time. Thanks for the opinion.

#13 of 16 Old 07-18-2008, 08:52 PM

LOL, thanks for sharing!

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#14 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 AM

I liked the final panel, with the little babies being dragged along, hanging onto the udders.
#15 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabadger View Post
I liked the final panel, with the little babies being dragged along, hanging onto the udders.
I feel like that somedays.!! But atleast i don't have to drag a bag full of bottles (or a cow) along with me.

Mom of 4 aspiring midwife "Friend"ly seeker
#16 of 16 Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Another idea for a comic along the same lines....

How about something about a cow who's calves are over a year? I mean, it all turns to water after that, right I'm always surprised when people get that wrong

Or one about two cows talking about how they "have to drink milk to make milk" Maybe two cows sitting at a table like the two women?

Or some "suit" looking guy telling the cow that she must pump in a bathroom (since technically she's pumping at work )

Sorry, these may seem stupid, I have a wierd sense of humor sometimes :grins

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page