March Mamas: The 15th-31st!!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 278 Old 03-22-2004, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did not get a chance to read the posts, as i want to make my announcement and run.

I had a baby girl saturday morning (first day of spring) at 6:08 am at home and the entire labor and delivery was just beautiful! my boys got to see the crowning and delivery of their little sister, Cali Cole. She was 7 lbs, 12 oz and 22 inches. She opened her mouth and cried as her shoulders were being born. She was born pink!

I will have to come back to read the posts, but congratulations to all the new baby's born since Friday!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 278 Old 03-22-2004, 10:44 PM

Congratulations Heather and Kirstie! love the first day of spring babies!

I also just wanted to pop back in to say that we've decided on a name. . . Karis Renee Kennedy.

birth story still to come. . .

I'm thinking about those of you still waiting, especially you Tracy!

namaste.gif

#123 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 06:43 AM

Congratulations Kirstie :chamapgne and welcome to Cali Cole. How wonderful to have another equinox baby! All the best to you and your family.

Welcome also to Karis Renee Kennedy, I'm looking forward to reading your birth story Mamaroni.

Oh I'm getting so envious now !

to all
#124 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 09:47 AM

What beautiful pictures Indigolilybear!! Your family looks so peaceful and happy, what a treasure!

Congratulations Kristie! And welcome to the world Cali Cole! Seems like we had a busy weekend for birthing!

Well, yesterday I walked more than six miles, but nothing. Today I'm not going to do anything to try and get labor going, but I'll try and be active. I might spend some mother/daughter time and take Peri to the aquarium then out to lunch, and this afternoon she wants to go to the seabird sanctuary we can walk to from our house (so I'll get good exercise). She wants to buy more baby ducks from the giftshop there

Oh, good funny movie recommendation...the Full Monty! I've seen it before, but it was so funny and cute to see men doing something so outrageous. Anyone else watching funny movies in an attempt to get some good contractions (can you tell I'm getting desperate??) 9 days past EDD and only have till 14 before we have to have a hospital birth, ugghh. And I don't have a backup doctor, so it would be whatever luck we draw...

Good birthing to anyone who's there, and happy baby moon to the rest! Haven't heard from Oceanone in a few days, have we??
#125 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 10:18 AM

I've fallen behind again. I'm going to post this real quick and then come back, edit and congrat all the new mamas.

Pumpkinseeds(jen), the site is back up and doing great now. These are Pumpkinseed's Pumpkins:
http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/B7068...304/index.html

Mamaroni's (Colleen's) little one is here:
http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/B7068...613/index.html

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#126 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 10:48 AM

coloradomom -- Congrats! Welcome, Aidin Reece!

Heythereheather -- What a wonderful birth story. So funny about your husband's joy during transition. I bet that did help a lot to hear his enthusiasm!

Indigo -- AMAZING birth story. Just so beautiful! Mamaroni had forwarded me those pics before and I couldn't remember to tell you how gorgeous they are. What sweet pics! Also, do you think the Hypno helped you with "I felt extremely centered and "in the know" this time during the birth--unlike my other two births. I had much more trust that I was where I was during the birth, instead of feeling lost in it. That was really empowering." I tend to think that's hypno, but what do you think? Mamaroni, did you experience a similar feeling with your birth with hypno?

Kirstie! Congrats on your little girl! Glad you had a wonderful homebirth. YAY! And, that's great that your boys got to watch her come into the world! Enjoy your babymoon and triad nursing!

#127 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 11:55 AM

I'm still waiting! Yesterday, I walked a few miles, and I tried blue cohosh for two days in a row. It didn't feel like it made much difference. Tomorrow I go to my 41 week check up, and they'll do an ultrasound to make sure the fluid is fine and baby looks good. At night, I have these cramping pains that keep me awake for a few hours, but other than that...no signs! Hoping to join the ranks of you amazing mamas very soon. We finally figured out the water heater yesterday, so maybe the waterbirth will work out after all! (It was on a timer, and we couldn't get it disengaged.)

Peace and love,
Alexa

Aspiring midwife-mama to 2 beautiful homebirthed boys ages 3 and 6...
#128 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am trying hard to keep the first post updated...please double check for me and make sure it is correct...

Congrats to the spring babies and their mamas! I think there is only 7 of us regulars who are still waiting.

I have been walking! And it isn't doing anything for me either. Plus I can't seem to modivate myself to start working on my papers even though they are due middle of April and this would be a great time to get them done. I think I am just to baby focused.

A former boss of mine who sends her son to the same school as my dd had an add in the school newsletter asking if anyone wanted her used diapers. I called her and she dropped them off at school on monday. HOLY COW!!!!!
It is like 3 dozen natural contours in both the newborn and infant sizes plus 15 Nikky covers! I can't belive she just gave them to me! I am going to send her some flowers today.

Anyways...sending labor vibes to all those in waiting (including myself )

(my dd picked the smiles for this post)

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#129 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 12:47 PM

I'm with you Jster - depending on whose edd you follow, I'm anywhere from 8-12 days past due. ugh. I was walking every day as much as I could, though I missed the last two b/c of it being really cold and my right ankle being so swollen and sore to the touch. Today is milder and if I can get my boots on, I'll go out, if for no other reason that to try and soak up some sunshine and get my seratonin levels up. I had a little meltdown this a.m. and luckily dh was here (he had the a.m. off) and was really supportive. It was a good release.

Bathrobegoddess - I too should be working on some stuff since I have all this time on my hands, but can't find the motivation for anything. I have been reading The Bitch in the House , a collection of essays by contemporary women writers on sex, marriage, divorce, family, etc. It's a riot and comforting to know that though adulthood isn't what I always thought it would be, I'm not alone feeling that way. Anyway, I recommend it to anyone looking for something light and comforting to read that isn't about birth.

I'm off to do shots of tobasco, sit on the bball and channel some birthing vibes to my baby.

Congrats to all the equinox babies and mamas.
#130 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 12:48 PM

Spark thanks for hosting the pictures so we can all see them. What cuties Eric (and Evan of course) and Karis are.

Bathrobe Goddess: That is so cool about the nappies. Mine are washed and folded and ready for my wee one to make an appearence.

My update: I saw the midwife today. Apparently the baby's head is as engaged as it can get before labour starts. "One cough and it'll be out" she said - where is the wry laughter emoticon? :LOL

She also told me that the stiff joints in my fingers are a result of fluid retention and I will spend a lot of time in the loo the first week after the baby is born getting rid of all the water.

My question: how can I possibly spend more time in the loo?

to everyone
#131 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WOOHOO!!!

Evan Nicholas was born Friday, March 19th at 6:08 pm after a super-fast labor/delivery (about an hour from first contraction to delivery, with maybe 5-8 pushes).

7 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches long (same measurements as ds1).

I'll post a quickie birth story under that thread later today.

I'm so thrilled with the whole experience! It was intense, and a bit out of control with the contractions happening so hard and fast, but I had NO tearing, bruising, swelling, pain, and at 4 days postpartum, very light bleeding. I feel way better today than I did a week ago (when I was 41 wks, couldn't breathe, pubic bone ached all the time, etc).

And Evan is JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!! Yay for me!
#132 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 01:48 PM

Kirstie and Rebecca (ds picked the smilies!)

Our numbers are dwindling...

Jster, did you see my post about 50 First Dates? I know you can't rent it yet, but I had several ctx from the laughter when we saw it Sat. The Full Monty IS a funny movie.

I had a really hard day yesterday but I feel much better today. A and I are starting a project today. Every year at Easter I make chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs. I had thought I might have time AFTER the baby was born, but now I see that if I don't do them now they won't get done. Apparently certain people in my life are quite relieved that I am going to go ahead and get them done. :LOL

(this is the rest of Aidan's contributions) BTW, I was explaining to A why we wanted to send a happy message (2 more new babies) and he said, "Mommy, why all these ladies having they babies before you?" I have no answer for that.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#133 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Hooray Rebecca! I have been wondering if your silence since getting your membranes tickled meant that labor had started but I supposed it had started and ended by the time I actually even put it all together! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more when you have time!
#134 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 03:00 PM

Congratulations Rebecca and welcome to Evan .

to everyone waiting, including me but especially to Citizenfong. We need to have stern words with that baby .
#135 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 03:02 PM

YEAH Rebecca! Welcome to your little one!

#136 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 03:47 PM

Oh, Rebecca, congratulations on Evan! It sounds like an amazing labor and birthing. How wonderful.

ILB, thank you for the beautiful, beautiful pictures. What an inspiration and what a wonderful family you have there.

Kirsti, congrats and welcome baby Cali. I love the name. She sounds just perfect. enjoy, enjoy!!!

Kelli and Adin, Heather and Anders. Congrats on your new baby joy. Thanks for the beautiful birth story. Reading about all of you wonderful women gives me hope that I actually am going to have a baby anytime now and didn't just imagine the whole thing.

I am still hanging in there, lost heaps of plug, many contractions but nothing regular and I am sick of thinking I am about to go into fully fledged labor. I keep thinking maybe I got the month wrong or something. Why am I having these crazy thoughts.

I am thinking of all of us still in the waiting game. And Tracy, how astute of your little boy. That was too funny! I hope to hear your news especially soon, almost as much as I want some of my own.......

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#137 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 03:56 PM

Oh my, I've missed a lot of babies! Congratulations to all mommies and babies....I will catch up soon if I can.

and-- to all of us still waiting....

(too miserable, bitchy, and wretched to write more today)

Rachel
#138 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 04:07 PM

congratulations Kirstie and Rebecca!! how wonderful and joyous you all sound.
#139 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 06:25 PM

To all the mamas awaiting their babes:

Just wanted to celebrate your great bodies! Just think, you must be the best nourished, the healthiest, the strongest, providing the most comfy place for your babes of all of us! YAY you guys! It's easy to go early, but it takes heart, soul, patience and trust to watch everyone else give birth before you. You day will come, this we all know. And, when you birth to your beautiful healthy babes our board will sing for you!

#140 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 08:37 PM

wow! Congratulations Mamaroni, Heather, Kirsti, & rebecca!!
A new bunch of babes!!

Not much longer ladies in waiting... your babes are getting ready to be here soon!

So how are all the new mamas faring? How do you feel in the postpartum phase? And how are your babies doing??
I am feeling great. .. so much better, quicker, than I did w/ ds#1...
Taurin has a very hearty appetite. He's been a bit gassy and hads a bit of fussiness each day, but I quit eating dairy, coffee, and wheat, and he has been doing much better..
I feel constantly hungry though, and w/ the diet change and all his nursing, the pg pounds are dropping off so quick!
dh has been a doll~ making me fresh vegi juice every day and cooking healthy meals.
Talin adores his brother/ He has accepted Taurin better than I imagined.
Of course I don't get quite enough sleep... but still i am doing pretty well. Taurin sleeps for 3-4 hrs a stretch, then eats and goes back to sleep, and wakes around 8AM.
Taurin enjoys being in the sling, which really helps, so I can actually do a few things... although w/ as helpful dh has been, I could just sit around and cuddle my kids all day
#141 of 278 Old 03-23-2004, 10:21 PM

Thanks Spark. That was a nice pick me up!

Rachel
#142 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 05:55 AM

Spark: you made me cry , what a beautiful thing to say.

#143 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 09:29 AM

Thanks Spark, what a wonderful sentiment to wake up to this morning. It's so good of you to think of us.

Off to see the mw later, so maybe I"ll have something to report.
#144 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Warning: Rant ahead!

I feel like crap today! All my joints hurt, my nose is really dry and painful, my head is killing me, my skin is itchy and I woke up at 5am so I'm tired and cranky. The baby feels like he is now IN the birth canal. I can't really sit down, the ball doesn't help and worst of all...I'm not having any contrax!

Thanks! Rant over.

I really feel for you ladies who are overdue! I am just at term and I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#145 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 AM

Eden I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you can do something special just for yourself today. Maybe a trip to a bookstore or inexpensive pedicure or just an uninterupted bubble bath for an hour or two. Do you have a hottub rental place where you are? Those feel so good late pregnancy -- warm, weightless and romantic if you go with DP.

RacheePoo, PinkSunfish & Fiacre -- You guys are wlecome. Everything I wrote is true! You are doing great work!

Bebeluna, maybe it's time to make a thread on Life With a Babe for our thread. Since we'll all be over there at some point. To answer your question -- we're doing really well, here, too. It's been MUCH easier than the adjustment to my son. She sleeps really well, nurses well and has gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! I'm physically feeling great. I returned to my one night class a week after she was born (just speeches, so I sat on my butt and graded). My husband takes care of so much here at home that I can just cuddle my kids all day and do somethings that only I can do (like dealing with Insurance to cover our homebirth, grading, nursing, nursing, nursing, etc.). Nighttime is probably the roughest at the moment (especially if I don't get a nap!). My DH isn't around for bedtime, so I try to get them both to sleep. DS has a hard time with me nursing Cicely first or during his time. We're working with him. Adjustments can be a challenge. Patience, Patience, Patience, I tell myself.

Peace & Labor vibes to those who need them!

#146 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 03:12 PM

Warning - this is a downer:

Well, I'm back from the mw. Instead of being closer to 'ripe', it appears I am farther. Whereas last week she could feel the baby's head, this week she could not as he has floated back up. Tomorrow I will have a biophysical profile and ultrasound to check on the little critter to make sure he's not overcooked or in any jeopardy. Mw says that even practioners who favor medical inductions wouldn't induce with a head this high - if we weren't totally sure of our dates she'd swear we are off by at least two weeks, but this is simply not possible. Since baby is so high, she is not comfortable doing any of her tricks either. Gameplan - if everything checks out tomorrow, she'll wait and see me again on Monday. If no baby by Monday, we'll repeat the biophysical profile, u/s and throw in a nst for fun. Though induction doens't seem like it would be recommended either by my mw or the ob that oversees her work (based on baby's position), she does worry that the ob could start suggesting c/s if my fluid is low or something. It makes no sense to her why this baby is not heading toward the exit, particularly where this is not a first baby and my pelvis is 'proven'. We have ruled out cord constriction or placement of the placenta as possible obstacles. Still, she says labor could come at anytime, even tho there are no tell-tale signs and that maybe some good strong ctx will 'slam' (her word, not mine) baby's head into my pelvis. Dh and I considered having sex last night, but we are both pretty no beuno during pg; he's creeped out and I feel so UGLY and gross that it's hard to put on a mood. Though he said he would if I wanted, I couldn't help thinking it sounded like just another chore. We abstained.

And though I am having my own little pity party here, mw did give me some perspective. Her next due mama is in a same sex pship and her partner has end stage cancer just trying to hold out for the birth of their baby who is due 4/18 and it appears the partner will not make it to birth day. Ok, so I'd rather be me than them. . . .

So, that's our deal. I've got a two week old person in my gut who I'd rather be nursing and slinging and singing to. I'll keep checking in on the rest of you, but will try to keep all my wah, wah, wah to myself. Best wishes to those in labor!
#147 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 03:51 PM

fiacre,
#148 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM

congrats to Mamaroni, Heather, and Rebecca. still haven't got caught up on the posts, but i get the gist and i think we were all on the same day?

mom's in waiting, hope you'll be holding your new sweet ones soon.
#149 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 04:29 PM

Spark, thanks so much for the pick me up, it really does help me feel lots better! Trying to keep some perspective here at 10dpedd (hehe).

Fiacre, sorry about the bad mw appt...but keep in mind that if baby was lower before, he/she can get down there again. You DO have a "proven pelvis" and your baby WILL be born!!!

Rebecca, congrats on the birth!! Sounds wonderful!

Tracy, might check that one out if I get another chance at an actual movie theatre. Next on my list is Blues Brothers, we'll see if it's as good as I remember. I need some laughs!!

My mw update: Got a call last night saying she was at another woman's for a birth, and this morning she stopped by (we had an appt. for 3:30 this afternoon but since she was only 10 mins. away she hoped to do it early and get home to some sleep (the other woman didn't have her baby yet, btw) As I'm now 10 days past edd, we talked about our last ditch approach...she wants me on blue and black cohosh during the day from now till birth, and on Saturday a.m. I'll try castor oil. She wanted to do an exam, but I really didn't want to because 1) if I'm more dialated, doesn't really mean I'm closer to birth 2) if I'm the same or less "ripe" it would put my birthing ability in question (seems like this happened to you, fiacre, so sorry!) 3) I don't really want a "vigorous" exam because it's uncomfortable and more likely to cause problems like PROM. Funny how it is hard to resist medical authority even in your own house, but I feel good that I did. And though I dont' think I really want one, I did agree to schedule an ultrasound for Friday to check fluids/placenta, but I might not go...just buying time to make the decision. If I'm not close to birthing by Sunday at midnight, my mw can't do it...so hospital or UC...

So I've been thinking about Peri's birth...and really wondering how long I would have gone if I'd resisted the pitocin. Would she have been a long gestating babe as well? She was born 6days past edd, but labor started 5 days past...So who really knows?

Well, off to potential labor land...and hope to hear about some more births soon!!
#150 of 278 Old 03-24-2004, 04:35 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to lend some support to you mamas still in waiting. It's so difficult, I know. Trust yourselves, trust your bodies. . . sending you all a big !

I wonder if Tracy is holding her baby? I think she's been off the boards for a while.

Well, I've got to go for now. I am checking in though and looking forward to more baby announcements!

namaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page