Mothering Forum banner

Out of Utero -- more room to grow!

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CherylE 
#1 ·
Hey, I think this is how we can use our due date club boards. Instead of posting in Life With a Babe, we can keep track of one another here. Plus, we can keep closer to those in waiting. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong!

So, Cicely is 3 weeks old now. I can't believe how fast it's gone by! She's been gaining a pound+ each week and is now a little over 10.5 lbs. (.5 more to go to a Bebeluna or Citizenfong newborn!) She eats really well, has slept really well until recently. I'm chalking that up to the 3 week growing spurt. Here are the latest pictures of her I took this morning. Cicely

Jude is doing really well adjusting right now. He gives kisses and is patient and re-nightweaned (THANK GOD!). He was waking up more than she was and always wanting to nurse. But, things have cooled down now. He likes nursing with her and rubs her head very sweetly as she's latched on. On the downside,it seems he's adopted a dreaded toddler behavior -- pooping and smearing it on the walls if we don't change his diaper right away.

Me, I'm doing so much better here at 3 weeks than I was with Jude at 3 weeks. I'm taking Blue-Green Algae to help with mood and it's working BEAUTIFULLY! Plus, I'm not as sleep deprived as I was with newborn Jude. That helps a lot. I'm just now ready for some alone time though. I need a good 30 minutes today to just be alone without kids. I might go for a walk.

So, this is my latest thinking. I was e-mailing Mamaroni bout this. Excuse the copy/paste of it, Colleen. Anyway, I was just thinking -- I feel myself really mourning that I won't be pregnant again. I mean, I really don't want any more children. I feel quite blessed with my two healthy kids. It's such a leap of faith to bring another child into a family and I don't want to make that leap again. And, pregnancy means another child to take care of after birth. BUT, I get sad when I think of never being pregnant again. Never feeling that life inside or watching with amazement as your body grows and grows. It's just really hit me the last couple of days. Knowing that this will be my last baby and my last pregnancy is already over. Hmm, maybe I should go post this on March mamas so the ones in waiting will be reminded to enjoy their last few days with baby inside. Can anyone else relate or am I certifiable?

Looking forward to reading updates from all of you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Spark - beautiful pictures of Cicely!! The first smiles are just amazing, aren't they?

Danaeya has just started with smiling last week, and it just melts everything inside of me to see them!

This is a great idea to get a new thread going! Hopefully I will be able to keep up better on this one. Things have been so hectic around here, trying to get used to everything, that I just haven't kept up with the second half of march. Hopefully everyone will have all the babies soon, and they will all be happy and healthy!

Danaeya was weighed yesturday, and is 9 lbs 9.5 oz at 4 weeks. She's doing awesome. I don't have much to compare her to with her being my first, but she is really great. The only time she really cries is when she's got a good reason for it - ie hungry or has a dirty diaper.

Question for anyone here. Who is doing immunizations and who is not, and why? I have been reading a lot about it, and am curious to get some opinions.

The question about feeling sad with not getting pregnant again I think is very valid. This was my first, and I do plan on another one, but as it is, I really miss having Danaeya growing inside of me. It was an amazing feeling! I am loving having her out as well, but I can definately see where you are coming from.

Hope that everyone is well, and that all the babies will be here shortly happy and healthy!

#3 ·
Donning my mod hat to give some info. We really do need to move to the LWAB board come April (I guess that would be tomorrow
) These boards will continually change to maintain a calendar year so we will get bumped off soon enough. We try to maintain the boards so that things are posted in the correct place, and although it may seem convenient to post here, we really need to be posting in the correct forum.

Besides, LWAB is one of my forums.
How convenient for me, huh.:LOL

#5 ·
beautiful pictures of Cicely! i've already taken four rolls of my little dd who is 12 days old.

both my boys went thru poop wall art. not fun to clean.

i guess i'll look for our march mamas on the other forum tomorrow. maybe Racheepoo will have her baby then. i picture her with an April fools baby.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jish
Donning my mod hat to give some info. We really do need to move to the LWAB board come April (I guess that would be tomorrow
)
Since some woman go later than their due dates - I would think it would make sense to keep the "March 2004" threads here until everyone on them has given birth - probably mid-April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.